Shoutcast on Winamp

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know if anyone here is using Shoutcast on their Epic with EC05 and if so, HOW?!?!, lol! On EB13, Shoutcast was working fine but I cannot get a single connection with it since I updated to EC05. I cant even get it to connect on wifi so I'm not sure if its winamp or android that is causing the problem. I'd be extremely happy to have someone chime in and get it to work for me!

PS: for the people who dont know about shoutcast, it is internet radio.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'm using it right now on my EC05 Epic. Listening to Sky.FM on Shoutcast at 96 kbps on a 3g signal.

What are you having a problem with? Getting it to pull a specific station? Getting it to play a high bit rate station on a poor signal? Searching for a specific shoutcast station?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm using it right now on my EC05 Epic. Listening to Sky.FM on Shoutcast at 96 kbps on a 3g signal.

What are you having a problem with? Getting it to pull a specific station? Getting it to play a high bit rate station on a poor signal? Searching for a specific shoutcast station?

Wow, thats good to know that its working at least for someone!! lol!

I just can't pull ANY station. I mainly listen to digitally imported (di.fm) stations and I cant get any to play on 3g, 4g and wifi. So I dont think its a matter of signal strength. Is there a specific setup that I have to do on android and/or winamp that i may be unaware of?!?!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
BTW, shoutcast on winamp was MY main reason for Froyo on my Epic! Ive been wanting to stream net radio since I had unlimited data in my Samsung A900 days!! That was a no go though, lol!

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Wow, thats good to know that its working at least for someone!! lol!

I just can't pull ANY station. I mainly listen to digitally imported (di.fm) stations and I cant get any to play on 3g, 4g and wifi. So I dont think its a matter of signal strength. Is there a specific setup that I have to do on android and/or winamp that i may be unaware of?!?!

Have you gone into Shoutcast Top Stations and tried pulling some Digitally Imported? I've pulled Electro House, EuroDance and Vocal Trance, all 96 kbps mp3s.

It appears that Winamp will not pull everything available on the various world wide servers.

There is nothing special you have to do to get it to work. Maybe try a system reboot if you have not done so in a while......

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you gone into Shoutcast Top Stations and tried pulling some Digitally Imported? I've pulled Electro House, EuroDance and Vocal Trance, all 96 kbps mp3s.

It appears that Winamp will not pull everything available on the various world wide servers.

There is nothing special you have to do to get it to work. Maybe try a system reboot if you have not done so in a while......

I haven't gone to top stations and tried pulling them from there so I will try that. I just type 'House' in the search bar and get the links that way. Thanks for your help Treotraveler!

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Another decent Shoutcast player is XiiaLive, there is a free and paid version. XiiaLive does a better job of pulling Shoutcast stations than WinAmp.

The free players will pull mp3 stations, but if you need to pull low bit rate stations, typically 30 to 40 kbps in stereo, you will need to use acc+ format, which generally the free players won't play.

so give XiiaLive a try if WinAmp isn't doing it for you....

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, I tried pulling a lot of stations from 'top stations' and it didn't pull anything unfortunately. I had no idea about xiialive so thanks for the recomendation!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, the bad news is that winamp still isn't pulling any stations after a hard reset and factory reset.

The good news is that xiialive works!!

Thanks for the suggestion Treo, really appreciate it! You're the man!