Problems with Epic 4G Sprint. Twlauncher not responding. Phone Freezing.

Falconey786

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I turned my Epic's screen on from the side and i noticed that my background was in half like you could only see half of it. Then my phone vibrated 3 times then the force close thing popped up and it said "Sorry, Twlauncher is not responding" then i pressed force close. After i pressed that it went to my home screen and none of my apps were there. Then the force close thing popped up again and its still doing it. Im going to take it to a Sprint store soon but mean while I don't know what to do! Any suggestions?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I turned my Epic's screen on from the side and i noticed that my background was in half like you could only see half of it. Then my phone vibrated 3 times then the force close thing popped up and it said "Sorry, Twlauncher is not responding" then i pressed force close. After i pressed that it went to my home screen and none of my apps were there. Then the force close thing popped up again and its still doing it. Im going to take it to a Sprint store soon but mean while I don't know what to do! Any suggestions?

Sounds like something got corrupted. I would pull your battery and replace it and boot up again and see if things have cleared up. Otherwise you may need to attempt a hard reset. That should clear things up to working state again unless its hardware related which is possible but I would try the hard reset first. It is probably the same thing Sprint will do first.

Unfortunately you will loose your data/apps and have to start over again. Contacts, emails, calendar are stored on Google, tagged to your GMail account so that is safe. There are some apps from the Market like SMS Backup and Restore that can save your texts for you but the rest is basically a wash... :(

Edit: All contents on your SDCARD are SAFE with a hard reset. So pics, media, etc. stored on your sdcard will be safe.

Last edited:

rangers28

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me! I've had nothing but problems with my phone since the "upgrade" to Froyo. (Every time I talk about Froyo now, I put quotes around "upgrade", because it certainly hasn't improved my Epic!! :mad:)

So, after the "upgrade", the biggest problem has been the random reboots and freezing, and especially after using Bluetooth and disconnecting from my car. Also, LauncherPro would constantly freeze, so I thought maybe it was LP that was causing the problem, so I uninstalled it and went to TouchWiz. I was using TW for about a day, and I was actually liking it a little bit, and I wasn't having any Bluetooth issues anymore.

But then yesterday I had my Bluetooth engaged and I went to activate the Navigation app and it froze up again, and wouldn't respond. I pulled the battery again, and since then I keep getting the TW force closing issue. It won't start at all now.

With some quick finger actions, I was able to get into settings before the force close and clear the home launcher default. I was then able to get into the market and redownload LP. I've tried clearing all the cache and rebooting over and over, but TW just won't work. LP and the Sprint Launcher works, but not TW.

I haven't done a hard reboot yet because I've had to do it twice already after the "upgrade", so I'm just gonna see if I still have problems with Bluetooth and LP....What a joke these damn phones are :-\

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me! I've had nothing but problems with my phone since the "upgrade" to Froyo. (Every time I talk about Froyo now, I put quotes around "upgrade", because it certainly hasn't improved my Epic!! :mad:)

So, after the "upgrade", the biggest problem has been the random reboots and freezing, and especially after using Bluetooth and disconnecting from my car. Also, LauncherPro would constantly freeze, so I thought maybe it was LP that was causing the problem, so I uninstalled it and went to TouchWiz. I was using TW for about a day, and I was actually liking it a little bit, and I wasn't having any Bluetooth issues anymore.

But then yesterday I had my Bluetooth engaged and I went to activate the Navigation app and it froze up again, and wouldn't respond. I pulled the battery again, and since then I keep getting the TW force closing issue. It won't start at all now.

With some quick finger actions, I was able to get into settings before the force close and clear the home launcher default. I was then able to get into the market and redownload LP. I've tried clearing all the cache and rebooting over and over, but TW just won't work. LP and the Sprint Launcher works, but not TW.

I haven't done a hard reboot yet because I've had to do it twice already after the "upgrade", so I'm just gonna see if I still have problems with Bluetooth and LP....What a joke these damn phones are :-\

The problem is not the phone but the OS. Sprint and Sammy goofed it up once again..

I'm so glad I run nothing but custom ROMs being rooted. We don't have to deal with any of this garbage because it has already been fixed by the developers.

Not trying to push anything here but rooting and looking into custom ROMs is something worth considering... It will make you appreciate your phone for the way it should be running...

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like both of you had a bad flash. Like Paul said, hard reset oughta do the trick. It's a pain, yes, but that's what we have to deal with since we bought from Sammy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae