So I took my phone out of my pocket and I noticed that it was off, so i thought that somehow I might of turned it off accidentally. I turn it on and at first it was kind of slow like slower than usual. So when it turned a little window thing pops up saying that i have really low battery and then my phone shut down. This is when I got confused because I charge my phone everyday before I go to sleep and when I woke up it had full battery. I didnt use my phone AT ALL since I woke up. But the strange thing is that when I plug in my phone it works normally and says that I have 99% battery. When I unplug it, it says that my phones battery is too low and shuts off. I dont know if I should reset my phone using the "factory reset" option or if there is something else i could do that is much simpler. If you could respond [HL]ASAP[/HL] it would be really helpful becuase I have to go to school tomorrow and I need my phone.
    04-21-2011 06:14 PM
    So I took my phone out of my pocket and I noticed that it was off, so i thought that somehow I might of turned it off accidentally. I turn it on and at first it was kind of slow like slower than usual. So when it turned a little window thing pops up saying that i have really low battery and then my phone shut down. This is when I got confused because I charge my phone everyday before I go to sleep and when I woke up it had full battery. I didnt use my phone AT ALL since I woke up. But the strange thing is that when I plug in my phone it works normally and says that I have 99% battery. When I unplug it, it says that my phones battery is too low and shuts off. I dont know if I should reset my phone using the "factory reset" option or if there is something else i could do that is much simpler. If you could respond ASAP it would be really helpful becuase I have to go to school tomorrow and I need my phone.
    Sounds like one of three things...

1. Battery has gone bad and not holding a charge

2. Wall charger possibly gone bad...

3. The charging internals in the phone itself/hardware has malfunctioned.
    04-21-2011 06:23 PM
    remove/reload battery see what happens.

cheers/dom
    04-22-2011 12:52 PM
    I had something similar happen to me with a spare battery. I got an invalid battery notification. I thought it was charging but it never did. I put in a spare and that worked great. Then after a few weeks i tried the original and its working fine now. Since i stopped using the first / problem battery i have done a few hard resets, rooted and done a couple of ROMS. So maybe that fixed what ever problem cropped up.
    04-25-2011 08:28 AM
    if you are rooted and have clockwork installed you can boot to clockwork and clear the battery memory. might help
    04-27-2011 10:50 AM
    or the charging cable came loose over night. (has happened to me). The stock cable never seems to fit very tight.
    04-27-2011 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD