Headphone Jack/Bluetooth?

QMaverick

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I know that a few of these questions are probably answered here and there on the forum, but I had a little bit of trouble finding them and, unfortunately, am in a bit of a hurry (I'm at work)

So here's a few quick questions I have:

1.) When I have the aux jack plugged in (3.5mm headphone jack) I can not talk using my bluetooth headset. This is a problem because I use my phone to listen to books in my car during my commute, and I have to unplug the cable from my phone to talk with my headset. Is there a fix for this?

2.) Battery life seems . . . horrible (sometimes). Even when in a 4G area, does having 4G connected destroy the battery?

that covers it for the time being--I'm sure I'll be back to add more!

Thanks in advance, and I truly apologize if this ends up being a repost! If it is, please point me in the right direction!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know that a few of these questions are probably answered here and there on the forum, but I had a little bit of trouble finding them and, unfortunately, am in a bit of a hurry (I'm at work)

So here's a few quick questions I have:

1.) When I have the aux jack plugged in (3.5mm headphone jack) I can not talk using my bluetooth headset. This is a problem because I use my phone to listen to books in my car during my commute, and I have to unplug the cable from my phone to talk with my headset. Is there a fix for this?

2.) Battery life seems . . . horrible (sometimes). Even when in a 4G area, does having 4G connected destroy the battery?

that covers it for the time being--I'm sure I'll be back to add more!

Thanks in advance, and I truly apologize if this ends up being a repost! If it is, please point me in the right direction!

Not to sure if there is a way to do both on the headphone jack and bluetooth at the same time.

Battery life will be greatly diminished when using 4g. Higher speed, device working harder/faster=more battery drain.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about the Moto Droid since I never used one of those, but you can make phone calls using bluetooth headset while having the wired headset plugged in on the Sprint Evo. This does not seem possible on the Sprint Epic. Most likely hardware differences between the devices....

QMaverick

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I seriously doubt it's hardware related--it has to do with Samsung's TW or something. I wonder if this happens with the custom ROMs?

QMaverick

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Additionally...is there a quick way to fix the physical keyboard lag? I keep out-running the keyboard with my thumbs and missing letters . . .

thojmoto

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i listen to music from my phone while i drive. When i make or receive a call, the music shuts off and the call comes through the speakers, so i just talk to it like I'm on speaker phone. Works fine for me, i don't know if being on a custom rom has anything to do with it, but i am on one.

QMaverick

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i listen to music from my phone while i drive. When i make or receive a call, the music shuts off and the call comes through the speakers, so i just talk to it like I'm on speaker phone. Works fine for me, i don't know if being on a custom rom has anything to do with it, but i am on one.

This works fine for me too, however, my bluetooth headset has better sound quality (for the people on the other end) and I'd like to talk through it rather than the speakerphone. To do that, I have to pull out the headphone jack, which seems stupid, because the toggle is greyed out to go to BlueTooth.

I can answer with my headset, and even hang up with it, but the audio is through the car speakers, which I don't want. Kind of annoying . . .

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have my EPIC plugged into a 3.5mm jack going to my stereo in my truck as well as a BT connection to a Parrott CK3100 hands free set up and i have not noticed any issue with mine while listening to music.
When a call comes in the music stops. BT kicks in and all things work great. I am using PowerAmp as my player. Running ACS Frozen 1.1.0

woodslink

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I had this same issue. If anyone else finds this thread, try an app called SoundAbout. It let's you configure the media audio and the pro version does the same for phone call audio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol