Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Headphone Jack/Bluetooth?

I know that a few of these questions are probably answered here and there on the forum, but I had a little bit of trouble finding them and, unfortunately, am in a bit of a hurry (I'm at work)

So here's a few quick questions I have:

1.) When I have the aux jack plugged in (3.5mm headphone jack) I can not talk using my bluetooth headset. This is a problem because I use my phone to listen to books in my car during my commute, and I have to unplug the cable from my phone to talk with my headset. Is there a fix for this?

2.) Battery life seems . . . horrible (sometimes). Even when in a 4G area, does having 4G connected destroy the battery?

that covers it for the time being--I'm sure I'll be back to add more!

Thanks in advance, and I truly apologize if this ends up being a repost! If it is, please point me in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by QMaverick View Post
    I know that a few of these questions are probably answered here and there on the forum, but I had a little bit of trouble finding them and, unfortunately, am in a bit of a hurry (I'm at work)

So here's a few quick questions I have:

1.) When I have the aux jack plugged in (3.5mm headphone jack) I can not talk using my bluetooth headset. This is a problem because I use my phone to listen to books in my car during my commute, and I have to unplug the cable from my phone to talk with my headset. Is there a fix for this?

2.) Battery life seems . . . horrible (sometimes). Even when in a 4G area, does having 4G connected destroy the battery?

that covers it for the time being--I'm sure I'll be back to add more!

Thanks in advance, and I truly apologize if this ends up being a repost! If it is, please point me in the right direction!

Not to sure if there is a way to do both on the headphone jack and bluetooth at the same time.

Battery life will be greatly diminished when using 4g. Higher speed, device working harder/faster=more battery drain.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

crap....I did it on my Moto Droid all the time :-(

I don't know about the Moto Droid since I never used one of those, but you can make phone calls using bluetooth headset while having the wired headset plugged in on the Sprint Evo. This does not seem possible on the Sprint Epic. Most likely hardware differences between the devices....
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I seriously doubt it's hardware related--it has to do with Samsung's TW or something. I wonder if this happens with the custom ROMs?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Additionally...is there a quick way to fix the physical keyboard lag? I keep out-running the keyboard with my thumbs and missing letters . . .

ROM
    midNIGHT EXT4

i listen to music from my phone while i drive. When i make or receive a call, the music shuts off and the call comes through the speakers, so i just talk to it like I'm on speaker phone. Works fine for me, i don't know if being on a custom rom has anything to do with it, but i am on one.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thojmoto View Post
    i listen to music from my phone while i drive. When i make or receive a call, the music shuts off and the call comes through the speakers, so i just talk to it like I'm on speaker phone. Works fine for me, i don't know if being on a custom rom has anything to do with it, but i am on one.
    This works fine for me too, however, my bluetooth headset has better sound quality (for the people on the other end) and I'd like to talk through it rather than the speakerphone. To do that, I have to pull out the headphone jack, which seems stupid, because the toggle is greyed out to go to BlueTooth.

I can answer with my headset, and even hang up with it, but the audio is through the car speakers, which I don't want. Kind of annoying . . .

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

Default Bluetooth headsets

I use a Bt headset a2dp support that plays music from my phone right in the earpiece.
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010

I have my EPIC plugged into a 3.5mm jack going to my stereo in my truck as well as a BT connection to a Parrott CK3100 hands free set up and i have not noticed any issue with mine while listening to music.
    When a call comes in the music stops. BT kicks in and all things work great. I am using PowerAmp as my player. Running ACS Frozen 1.1.0

Default Re: Headphone Jack/Bluetooth?

I had this same issue. If anyone else finds this thread, try an app called SoundAbout. It let's you configure the media audio and the pro version does the same for phone call audio.