Sprint Tech Support... Holy Crap!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Me: Hi, Are you having issues with the 3g network in my area?

Sprint Tech #1: What is the phone # of the phone your calling about?

Me: xxx-xxx-xxxx Are you having 3g problems in my area?

Sprint Tech #1: What is your name?

Me: Keith Vetter

Sprint Tech #1: What is the pin# to this account?

Me: xxxxxxxx Is sprint having a 3g outage in my area?

Sprint Tech #1: Are you calling on the phone you are having problems with?

Me: No I am on my home phone.

Sprint Tech #1: Please go to settings/about phone/system updates and updater profile

Me: Ok...... A few minutes pass....

Sprint Tech #1: What's it doing?

Me: Nothing. It never does anything...

Sprint Tech #1: Please take the battery out of the phone.

Me: Ok.... a few minutes pass....

Sprint Tech #1: Please put your battery in and let me know when you phone is completely started.

Me: Ok it is started but it doesn't show a 3g connection is there a problem with the network in my area?

Sprint Tech #1: Go back to the updates and try to update your PRL.

Me: Are you kidding me? It is a known issue with my phone the PRL will only update 1 in a 100 times.

Sprint Tech #1: I am trying to help you with your phone, please press the update prl.

Me: OK... After a few minutes. It says there was an error updating and to try again later.

Sprint Tech #1: Ok, we are going to reset your phone.

Me: No... I don't want to reset my phone and lose all my programs. I don't think it's my phone.

Sprint Tech #1: Ok, I'm going to transfer you to a higher tier support.

Sprint Tech #2: What is the phone # of the phone your calling about?

Sprint Tech #2: What is your name?

Sprint Tech #2: What is the pin# to this account?

Me: Jesus Christ, I just gave this information to the last person. xxxxxxxx

Sprint Tech #2: What problems are you having?

Me: I don't have a 3g signal, are you having problems?

Sprint Tech #2: I want to try updating your prl and profile.

Me: It doesn't work. The last lady wanted to do it but all we got were errors.

Sprint Tech #2: Ok... We are going to reset your phone.

Me: No we're not. I have 2 epics sitting right next to each other and neither have a 3 g signal. I don't think it's the phones.

Sprint Tech #2: If you won't reset your phone, I will have to pass you through to a higher tier tech support.

Me: Fine....

Sprint Tech #3: What is the phone # of the phone your calling about?

Sprint Tech #3: What is your name?

Sprint Tech #3: What is the pin# to this account?

Me: xxxxxxxx

Sprint Tech #3: What may I help you with?

Me: My phone has no 3g signal. Are you having an outage in my area?

Sprint Tech #3: What is your zip code?

Me: xxxxx

Sprint Tech #3: Yes, there are reported outages in your area. We have technicians working on it now.

Me: OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! I have just had two support people trying to have me reset my phone for no reason. Who is training these people?!

Sprint Tech #3: Yes sir, it is not their fault as they are trained to try and fix the phones first.

Me: But there was nothing wrong with my phone. Don't you think checking your network first would be a better way?

Sprint Tech #3: Our way normally works very well.

Me: Are you freaking kidding me? There was nothing wrong with my phone and they want to reset it. How is that working very well?

Sprint Tech #3: I'm sorry sir but that is the protocol.

Me: Can I take a survey? ..... Hello?.... Why can't I ever get to take a survey after talking to idiots? Hello?.....

Sprint Tech #3: click...... Dial tone....

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol he seemed bored...hell take action complaining getsz us no where....I took my epic in for support I was getting 4g speeds under 1mbp download...anyways why sprint had my phone for 3hrs to tell me nothing was wrong with my phone...I went over to tmobile...4g...is fast I'm talkin 10mbps on average 4-15! Itsz amazing and same price as I was paying with unlimited min and data 80 plus my discounts I'm sold

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if that's fair. 2 tech support staff are asking to reset his phone which is a lot of work.

maybe next time keith, just say you don't need help with your phone but just need to know if there is an outage in your area. I find the question dictates their script.

uscpsycho

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
HAHAHA!!!!

I literally laughed out loud when I read that. Thanks for the laugh. Unfortunately, too many of us can relate to this experience.

"Our way normally works very well." Sure. Their way is update PRL. If Fail Then reset phone. That works very well, eh? SMH

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if that's fair. 2 tech support staff are asking to reset his phone which is a lot of work.

maybe next time keith, just say you don't need help with your phone but just need to know if there is an outage in your area. I find the question dictates their script.

I think I did that several times...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
To be fair, techies have scripts they are trained to follow. It's not their fault, it's the company's, and they're forced to ask and get answers to those questions. Stupid questions no doubt, but questions one must unfortunately answer if they wish to get any help from tech support.

The factory reset suggestion is inexcusable though, and I have experienced a similar situation myself. 3g was out temporarily in my area, and when I called to check, the tech support woman told me the exact same thing - time for a factory reset. I told her no way, that didn't make sense, since my brother's Evo couldn't get 3g either. Didn't matter. Like you, I had to be escalated in order to find someone who knew what was going on, who did confirm an outage in my area.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I think I did that several times...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Yes, you DID ask them several times if it was an outage...it was tech support that kept trying to make it a phone problem. Funny, that this sounds like my cable/internet company tech support.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000