Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default PSA: do not port your number over if you use and airave

    You will be riddled with headaches and a phone that no longer works (my case). I can make and receive calls outside of my apartment, but no way will it work inside now with the new airave 3g. You've been warned.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    You will be riddled with headaches and a phone that no longer works (my case). I can make and receive calls outside of my apartment, but no way will it work inside now with the new airave 3g. You've been warned.
    Huh? What did you port your number to?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mis3 View Post
    Huh? What did you port your number to?
    Sorry, google voice. I got the integration e-mail today. 3 hours later, still cant make or receive phone calls. Wish I looked up if there were troubles ahead of time, its littered on the google voice website that it doesn't seem to be working correctly with the newer style airave

    Here is a link:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...24f35e2f&hl=en
    Last edited by Andrew Ruffolo; 04-25-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added link
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    Sorry, google voice. I got the integration e-mail today. 3 hours later, still cant make or receive phone calls. Wish I looked up if there were troubles ahead of time, its littered on the google voice website that it doesn't seem to be working correctly with the newer style airave

    Here is a link:
    Google Voice Doesn't Work on Sprint AirRave - Google Voice Help
    Thanks. Your post caught my attention since I have the newer airave.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mis3 View Post
    Thanks. Your post caught my attention since I have the newer airave.
    Still not working for me...
    JUST DON'T DO IT!!!!
    I can't believe how Sprint/Google rolls out things that just flat out don't work as they should. Granted this is "beta", but its also a known issue that I should have been alerted about. I will probably end up going to wally world tonight to pick up a pos phone for tomorrow.
  6. #6  
    sprocket2107's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    SRF 1.2/Genocide 1.1

    Default

    how do you port your number anyways? not that i am going to do it, just curious that is all
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprocket2107 View Post
    how do you port your number anyways? not that i am going to do it, just curious that is all
    Private beta through invitation. You will get an e-mail to your gmail account if you are selected. This is a program specifically for Sprint customers.
  8. #8  

    Default

    According to the google support forum, the issue has been resolved.

    Link:
    Google Voice Doesn't Work on Sprint AirRave - Google Voice Help

Posting Permissions