Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what browser is everybody using

I was wondering what browser epic owners like best.I'm using dolphin hd

Quote Originally Posted by evoldroid View Post
    I become quite fond of using Dolphin Mini. Works very well, very little issues with any sites.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

stock. i came from a blackberry so this is heaven to me.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Dolphin HD

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    ROM
    ACS Bomboozle

Miren
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

I was using dolphin. found it buggy though. Miss the text selection. Using skyfire now.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Dolphin for me. I have all browsers installed and found skyfire and xscope to be the smoothest. I used dolphin b/c it has cool add ons.

Before 2.2 I tried to use skyfire for flash videos and most of them didnt work, I hope they fixed that(im sure they didnt).

ROM
    ACS SyndicateROM Frozen

Dolphin because I like their slide-out menus and add-ons, but Miren because I like their tabbing system. They're the only browser than understands I still want tabs out even in fullscreen.

ROM
    Marcusant v2 MTD, Samurai

Dolphin HD most of the time, Opera Mobile the other times.

Might be a good option to put up a poll on this thread just to see... List all the major browsers and let everyone take a vote.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by carraser891 View Post
    stock. i came from a blackberry so this is heaven to me.
    I know what you mean.I am also coming from a blackberry.Thank God for androids lol

I used to use the stock ROM from Syndicate, but it was kind of buggy and had a lot of rotation issues.

Since then I've been using Miren. It's real speedy and I really like the homepage. Reminds me of Chrome's "new tab" page.
    Retired Ambassador

I'm perfectly happy with the stock browser. If what I have is functional and does everything I want it to do why would I look for anything different?

That is the same with all my apps. l don't go looking for crap to load on my phone. If I think about something I need on the go, I will search the market. If I find something that works I keep it and my search is over.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

I've been using stock. I tried Dolphin awhile back and didn't care for it at all. Based on this thread, I just now have been trying out Miren and like it a LOT. Guess I've found my new favorite!

Stock for normal browsing, Miren for downloads.

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

I've been using Dolphin for the cool plugins and they have a plugin for Lastpass as well.
    Never hear of Miren but will look into.

I love reading threads like this to find new apps.
    We'll both get 500mb free on top of 5gig signup bonus and a new Android app is out:
    https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=ewxiovt892qmw

ROM
    ACS SyndicateROM Frozen

Quote Originally Posted by keithvetter View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with the stock browser. If what I have is functional and does everything I want it to do why would I look for anything different?
    That's the logic my friend uses when I ask him why he still uses IE. Sometimes, you need to experience something better to realize what you were missing before.

(I do fully recognize that Android's stock browser is leaps and bounds above IE but you get my analogy )

I use Skyfire mostly

ROM
    Marcusant v2 MTD, Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by jrz5024 View Post
    That's the logic my friend uses when I ask him why he still uses IE. Sometimes, you need to experience something better to realize what you were missing before.

(I do fully recognize that Android's stock browser is leaps and bounds above IE but you get my analogy )
    I was gonna say pretty much the same thing. On that note, I tried out Miren because of this thread and am a big fan.

ROM
    ACE 2.0 <3

I have been using Miren. It seems a lot less... bloated? than the other browsers. I personally like the minimalist type... I don't need the linking to twitter, fb, etc.

ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronas308 View Post
    I have been using Miren. It seems a lot less... bloated? than the other browsers. I personally like the minimalist type... I don't need the linking to twitter, fb, etc.
    Same here. I pulled the blacked out version from the Emotionless Beast theme. Looks sweet. :-)

I have found Miren to be my browser of choice. The speed is incredible and I have never ran into any "checker board" loading. Its the closest thing to chrome there is, until Google actually makes a Chrome Mobile.

ROM
    Thunderhawk3.3

I thought Dolphin HD was cool, but I prefer how Dolphin Mini functions in terms of fullscreen. Its pretty much perfect for screen space, fast, and i LOVE the loading bar being the only thing shown when fullscreen. Press menu and everything pops out

Dolphin Mini for me, but im going to try Miren since everyone seems to like it.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jrz5024 View Post

Hmmm... I have tried mozzilla and chrome. I was a huge Netscape fan back in the day. I just don't see anything about chrome or mozzilla that makes me want to switch from IE. I guess you can see my analogy.
    lol

Again I don't search the market for all the new apps and will probably never have more than 30 installed.

I have my bank by phone, checkbook, gps, preloaded apps, grocery list, fandango and really that's about it. I'm good with that...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Skyfire is my browser of choice. I also have Firefox installed, I like a lot of what it has but they really need to get the flash thing figured out. I have tried most of the major browsers and they all are pretty good and I am glad we have so many great choices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast