Epic 4G won't play mp3's?

msglsom

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I just purchased an Epic 4G. I pulled all of my mp3 notifications, ringtones and alarm mp3's from my G2. The Epic will not play any of them. When I pull them up in the the My Files app, and choose one, it says, "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file"

I connected the phone to my computer and was able to play the mp3's without any problem on my computer.

Any thoughts?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I just purchased an Epic 4G. I pulled all of my mp3 notifications, ringtones and alarm mp3's from my G2. The Epic will not play any of them. When I pull them up in the the My Files app, and choose one, it says, "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file"

I connected the phone to my computer and was able to play the mp3's without any problem on my computer.

Any thoughts?
Just search "mp3 player" in the Market. There are a mess of apps available for free that will play MP3's.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My epics stock player plays Mp3's just fine. I have also made several dozen mp3 ring tones and alarms from cds I have and they all work fine on my epic.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't necessarily think this is an Epic v. computer issue. I have a bunch of mp3s that play fine on my computer (computers, really) and don't play on my Epic. This was with the stock player as well as Winamp. Yet, the vast majority of my mp3s play fine.

The ones in question had variable bit rate, but I have others with that as well that play fine.

It could be the way they were encoded. It could be the ID3 tags (album art doesn't show on these either).

I haven't figured it out yet.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This has recently started happening to me as well. As well as slacker at the same time having a player error.

I was jusy about to post this along with a lock screen problem. It says tuesdat may and then under that is about a mm of the number because its cut off. What the hell.

O well. Im switching to tge nexus on sunday.

Brianadfl

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the official twitter app? Dont ask my why but someone said to get rid of it and it will stop.

Every day I would need to restart my phone for that problem. Ever since i deleted the twitter app its never come up.

It might be a fluke but i did everything from remove everything off my memory stick to reformat and reinstall 2.1 with odin and update to current and still had the problem. Now i never do.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Reactions: kurtiebird

msglsom

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Twitter?

Do you have the official twitter app? Dont ask my why but someone said to get rid of it and it will stop.

Every day I would need to restart my phone for that problem. Ever since i deleted the twitter app its never come up.

It might be a fluke but i did everything from remove everything off my memory stick to reformat and reinstall 2.1 with odin and update to current and still had the problem. Now i never do.

Oddly enough, I read that last night. I removed Twitter and rebooted my phone. I just tried mp3's and visual voicemail without any problem. So odd!

I'll check again tomorrow, but it looks like that was the issue.

Thanks!

kurtiebird

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for this tip. I was pulling my hair out, because sometimes my phone would ring and I wouldn't hear it, and my music wouldn't play, etc. I reported this issue to Twitter, not sure if it'll do any good, but I'm using Tweetcaster for now.

Seriously though, WTF? How could their app cause this problem? As a developer, I'd love to see their source code.

wojcon

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Brian,

I just wanted to thank you for posting this - it was my issue as well. As a matter of fact, I was experiencing the problem when I found your post. I uninstalled the twitter app and even WITHOUT rebooting, my mp3 ringtone was finally playing correctly again.

Crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool