Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TwLauncher Force Close

All of a sudden my phone will not do anything, I get a TwLauncher force close message every 5 seconds and cannot not make/receive calls or texts, etc. Only thing I can do is click force close and that is it. I have tried restarting the phone and pulling the battery and when it turns back it it just does that samething over and over again. Anyone know how to fix this?

I got that same thing today!! BTW im on Syndicate frozen rom.....

What helped was to reboot into recovery, clear/wipe dalvik cache 3x, then reg. cache 3x, and then wipe data 1x. then i just reboot and its been good so far...

Hope this helps!

You guys mean just like these guyse?
    [Q] Help TwLauncher FC on boot loop - xda-developers

that thrread has some suggestions
    Last edited by dabomb408; 05-02-2011 at 10:51 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Immersion View Post
    I got that same thing today!! BTW im on Syndicate frozen rom.....

What helped was to reboot into recovery, clear/wipe dalvik cache 3x, then reg. cache 3x, and then wipe data 1x. then i just reboot and its been good so far...

Hope this helps!
    I have never done any of that before, so that all is a little bit of jibberish to me, can you explain it a little bit more?

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Bowa11 View Post
    All of a sudden my phone will not do anything, I get a TwLauncher force close message every 5 seconds and cannot not make/receive calls or texts, etc. Only thing I can do is click force close and that is it. I have tried restarting the phone and pulling the battery and when it turns back it it just does that samething over and over again. Anyone know how to fix this?
    If your device is rooted then you need to boot into CWM recovery.
    - Shut down device completely.
    - Press and hold volume down+camera+power
    - Select clear cache (do this 3x)
    - Select advanced>clear dalvik cache (do this 3x)
    - Go back one screen and reboot then system

If this doesn't work you will need to reboot back into CWM and then also select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset, 3x" which will erase everything but I think the above method should get you going again if you are indeed rooted.

If you are completely stock (unrooted) then your only real option is if you can fight the FC's to get to Settings>apps>manage apps>TWLauncher and wipe cache/data.

If you can't make it that far and it keeps happening even after a battery pull and reboot then you may have to boot into stock recovery and do a data wipe, (basically a hard reset) and try rebooting.

- To enter stock recovery shut down device completely.
    - Next, press and hold volume down+camera+power
    - This should boot you into a blue text with black background (Stock recovery)
    - You navigate in stock recovery by using Volume up and Down buttons and make selections by pressing HOME key
    - You then choose the option wipe data/factory reset.

NOTE this will completely reset your phone back to factory stock, everything will be erased. If you have tried everything else this is your last option and probably the same exact thing that Sprint would do if you were to take it to them.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 05-02-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: TwLauncher Force Close

Everything is correct except you have to press volume button together up and down with power button!!!!!!!! then the blue screen will appear

Quote Originally Posted by KOM_2005 View Post
    Everything is correct except you have to press volume button together up and down with power button!!!!!!!! then the blue screen will appear
    Trust me I know it works, the method your describing is called the 4 finger boot/salute method which is pointless... Actually at times if you incorrectly attempt to grab the Volume Up too it will just do a soft reset instead of booting into recovery/CWM

Volume Down+Camera+Power works just fine.... No need to grab the Volume Up too...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

I have had the same experience but not quite as severe or often on a Samsung Galaxy SII immediately after the ICS upgrade I installed a week ago today. I never had this happen before. I wonder if it's related to the upgrade. My phone is stock/rooted and I also did not understand much of the lingo being used so unless it continues to happen, or increases in frequency, I'll let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMR View Post
    I have had the same experience but not quite as severe or often on a Samsung Galaxy SII immediately after the ICS upgrade I installed a week ago today. I never had this happen before. I wonder if it's related to the upgrade. My phone is stock/rooted and I also did not understand much of the lingo being used so unless it continues to happen, or increases in frequency, I'll let it go.
    It could very well be some incompatible data that's causing you a problem. I would head on over to the GSII E4G TOUCH part of the forum, you'll get more detailed and correct information for YOUR phone. Trying to do anything you see in the OG Epic4g forum, may turn your E4GTouch into a paperweight.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

Maybe try install a different launcher like ADW or LauncherPro if it doesn't regain stability
    JZE

Go to settings > applications > manage applications > pick all. search TwLauncher and icon will come up. click icon. click clear data. The problem will be fixed, but all of your saved tiles will be gone, and you will have to put them back in place from the applications menu.

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

You didn't read her post. She cannot get to anything because tw is FC. She will have to boot into recovery to wipe and fix.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I have a Galaxy S (GT-I9000) I need to get rid of but need to download my music and photos first. It has a tw launcher error and all I can do is "force close" to its continued error messages. I've looked at downloading a new launcher but google.play wants to download it to my current Galaxy S4 which is fine. I don't want to alter or fiddle with the S4, just sort out the S. Help please, this is driving me crazy!