Is Sprint losing its signal strength lately?

nickel3956

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed this problem. at first i thought it was just the recent storms messing with the towers because i usually have steady 4g almost everywhere around my house. now, i lose 4g when i just change rooms.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you continue to roam, you can lose your sprint service. Sprint pays for your roaming. If they decide you are roaming more than you should they will cancel your contract.

Then again that may be a way out for you as well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Thank you for letting me know.

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues in Kansas City, however I have read several forum posts over multiple forums that many people are experiencing data issues, not just sprint, over the past couple of weeks. Could be just random that I've read so many recently, but thought I'd point it out.

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same problem at my work place. Before, I used to get a consistent 2 bars. Now it goes back and forth between no bars and roaming. It's terrible and draining my battery fast.

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow, and here I thought I was imagining it. The post linked to earlier in the thread explains all, half my damn state is no longer covered starting from right about where I live. Part of my reason for choosing Sprint is they had decent coverage here,now it's almost none. Glad I have like 20 months of contract left....

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same problem at my work place. Before, I used to get a consistent 2 bars. Now it goes back and forth between no bars and roaming. It's terrible and draining my battery fast.
That's been happening to my friend's Epic at his workplace. The Sprint store is replacing his phone. But he says his other coworkers have Sprint and their phones are fine, so I'm wondering if it's an Epic issue.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
How cann data congestion exist in a day of technology likes ours

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

Congestion occurs at a point where there is minimal thru put in a system.
In case of a wireless network, a cell tower can easily be over loaded with traffic and become bottlenecked and thus congestion occurs.

If they increase capacity on the tower in question then congestion is less likely to occur.
This happened when ATT released the original iPhone. The demand on the network was so great it came to a crawling halt. The EVO has been a huge step forward for Sprint. It also has the capability to consume a lot more data then a standard phone or smart phones from just a few years ago. More and more people are getting these devices causing more data thru put on the network. Again, 3G network, causing it to seem slower. Especially for people who live in major urban areas. I experience this daily in some parts of town.

So yeah with all of our great technology of today its possible to be too congested and get slow network speeds.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Froyo EB13 modem.tar (Flash in Odin) Place it in PDA slot and check only Auto Reboot

I will flash back to EB13. I hope this helps my epic 4g. I have been roaming 24 /7. I do not want to Sprint kick me out of its network I have with them for the last 9 years. I do not want to go to another mobile company. Maybe Cricket if Sprint cancel my phone line. I will flash my Epic to Cricket. Does anyone know how to do it. I would be saving some money. :p

Last edited:

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
4g in and out which is very annoying when downloading or browsing and 3g strength is very weak even when standing in place

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I will flash back to EB13. I hope this helps my epic 4g. I have been roaming 24 /7. I do not want to Sprint kick me out of its network I have with them for the last 9 years. I do not want to go to another mobile company. Maybe Cricket if Sprint cancel my phone line. I will flash my Epic to Cricket. Does anyone know how to do it. I would be saving some money. :p

Yes, its possible to flash to cricket... but it involves some legality issues and the phone has to have a clean esn (meaning if you leave sprint, you must pay the ETF). The procedure will not be found here, but it is on another website that starts with xda and ends with developers... ;)

antmon1

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
i am running the latest version of the Syndicate ROM....it's prob a silly question, but will flashing just this modem have any negative effects on the rest of this ROM? phone is perfect with it except for this crazy fluctuating signal i am getting... thanks! :)

ps in case this cause more probs, where would the orig modem file be that i would be replacing?

Last edited:

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you used roam control will that let you use verizon towers all the time or only when you are roaming with the little triangle by your bars?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12