windows 7 x64 doesn't recognize my phone

Schecter

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, idk if this has been asked before, at work and dont have much time to search, but is there an issue with the epic and windows 7 x64? My computer does not recognize my phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

qbking77

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you download and install the drivers? Did you try all of the usb ports on your pc? Did you try different micro usb cables?

Schecter

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I got all the drivers installed, tried all 6 usb ports, and I only have the stock epic cable and my old moment cable. I got somewhere a few minutes ago but no where now. The computer is trying to install drivers but I'm stuck on the android adb and amc.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I had problems when I first synced. Try deleting everything and go download the 32 bit drivers. This worked for me with Epic's cable. Very frustrating, logic dictates 64 but 32 worked.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, idk if this has been asked before, at work and dont have much time to search, but is there an issue with the epic and windows 7 x64? My computer does not recognize my phone.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and I've been able to connect to my phone. I put 720p movies on my phone. The only thing I have noticed is that I get very slow transfer speeds with a 64 bit system.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I had problems when I first synced. Try deleting everything and go download the 32 bit drivers. This worked for me with Epic's cable. Very frustrating, logic dictates 64 but 32 worked.

On a couple of systems I used, sometimes you have to navigate to device manager. There, you will see a device that isn't fully installed that, usually in most cases, is your phone. Installing the drivers automatically seems to resolve this problem. Make sure the Samsung drivers are on the computer before you try this though...

I run Windows 7 x64 at home and connect to my computer just fine using a stock Samsung cable, and any of the USB ports on my PC. However, until I actually installed the drivers, the phone would only be recognized on the rear PC ports and would be connected at USB 1.1 speeds. :(

Schecter

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the support guys, I got it to work :). I just played around with installing and uninstalling drivers and it worked. Thanks again.

schmagoogly

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I was experiencing the same problem. I found that switching USB ports helped. Also I did something like this:

1. Uninstall Samsung Win7 x64 drivers.
2. Reboot PC.
3. Disable "USB Debugging" on phone.
4. Connect phone to PC - let it recognize.
5. Disconnect phone from PC.
6. Reinstall Samsung Win7 x64 drivers.
7. Reconnect phone to PC.

This worked for me and I hope it works for you. :)

Schecter

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Its kind of what I did. What I ended up doing was found that one special port that worked, downloaded the android sdk and installed googles usb drivers rev 4. Worked perfect.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have any suggestions? Brand new Dell Laptop, Windows 7-64bit and I can't get the ACM drivers to install... Usually you let it sit for a while and it will go through but not the case so far with this new laptop... Cable works fine on my other computers so I know the cable is good.

Tried 32 bit and 64 bit drivers so far...

Update: After waiting a while I started to unplug my device, I usually am very slow and cautious about this because I know how delicate those USB ports can be on the device so anyways I just started to slowly pull the cable from the device and moved it ever so slightly and bingo, ACM driver installed instantly and complete.

Weird because my USB port works perfectly and has never given me any trouble until I went to install the drivers on Win 7. Everything seems to be working fine so.. Who knows...

Last edited: