Google Voice or Visual Voicemail

bgdpmp79

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I say google voice. But then again I pick free over paid any day. I read though that some people are having integration problems. So I guess pick your poison. lol

skyward

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I like to google voice app with the voicemail and messaging all in one, I just with it had a dark theme.

Gatorman

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had a GV account for some time now. I even have the app on my Epic.

I went to my GV account and there is an option that says "check eligibility for Sprint integration". When I ran the check, I got this message back:

"Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled."

I have an EPIC 4G on Sprint. Does anyone know why I received this message?

Thanks!!

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
It could be one of many reasons, however the majority of those that can't integrate GV are those that have company phones, business/school/other discounts on their account, or they ported their number from a different carrier.

Sprint is working these issues. Did you call CS to see why not?

josidhe

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Visual voicemail, here. I used GV for a long time with my last phone, but the little quirks added up and were too much.

I'm not a hoarder, and I don't care how much space is available to me: it doesn't justify this new never-delete-anything-ever mentality Google has been evangelizing since Gmail. And permanently deleting GV content is a CHORE, especially if you accidentally let your deleted items fold--uh, label pile up. NO mass delete/empty feature. GV intentionally leaves this out to subtly encourage you to save stuff forever.

Speech to text is mostly just cute. It's not like it works dependably, so leaving it aside, Visual Voicemail is just as free (and again, doesn't require a dozen clicks to delete a message).

Though it isn't mandatory, a lot of people use GV for sms, too. It can be convenient never having to back up texts for a wipe. But MMS is impossible, despite being acknowledged on GV's support site as a requested feature for over a year.

So I'll just keep it simple, kthx.

bgdpmp79

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had a GV account for some time now. I even have the app on my Epic.

I went to my GV account and there is an option that says "check eligibility for Sprint integration". When I ran the check, I got this message back:

"Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled."

I have an EPIC 4G on Sprint. Does anyone know why I received this message?

Thanks!!

Are you on SERO Premium or have discounts linked to your company? I had the same problem because of SERO. The Corporate rep I talked to said Google Voice integration is not yet supported on corporate accounts.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
don't know about GV, but voicemail on my Epic is a joke. about 50% of the time, i'm not notified of the voicemail until hours after it was left, sometime almost 24 hours late. to think of it, i've had this problem on my prior phone, too.

Edit: this is probably the reason why sprint wants to get GV in the mix because sprint can't handle voicemail well.

Last edited:

dcraig

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
So I wouldn't mind using GV but is there a way to use GV voicemail only with out using SMS? Because it seems that I'm either getting 2 texts being sprint and GV SMS or its only allowing me to use GV...

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So I wouldn't mind using GV but is there a way to use GV voicemail only with out using SMS? Because it seems that I'm either getting 2 texts being sprint and GV SMS or its only allowing me to use GV...
you dont have to integrate to use google voice as your voicemail. and doing it that way doesnt affect your txt messages at all.

Reactions: dcraig

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey