Does Epic's rear cover hold up?

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 batteries for my Epic. I usually keep one on the charger and swap it out daily or as needed.

Has anyone done this for any length of time? I'm worried that repeated removal/re-installation of the rear cover would cause it to wear out and I'm not sure of the availability of replacement covers.

Thanks!

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
No need to fear that back cover is SOLID. I have 2 batteries plus I am constantly pulling the back cover off because of rooting/playing around. I am sure some devs can jump in here and agree because those guys are probably doing it more than most users. This is the first time I have even seen a post about the back cover, so I think you are good.

Reactions: Trekker

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You should be fine. Just take your time when pulling it off and try to release the clips with as little pressure on them as possible. I'm roughly 7 months on my Epic and my back cover is still in good shape.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I have four batteries - 3 in their own chargers and one in the phone that I rotate daily - in other words, I put a fresh battery in every night at midnight and have a fresh battery for the next start of day at 7am - although I did buy a spare back cover that is still in the bag since January.

I will sometimes pull the cover off more often if I am testing things and I have never had a problem so far.

egkor

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the Epic and the Samsung spare battery/charger.

My 2 battery related areas of concern are 1) The Epic back cover, and 2) The Epic's charger/data port

I don't want to wear out either (back cover or port).

I feel better about the back cover, at least. :)

-Gary K

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the Epic and the Samsung spare battery/charger.

My 2 battery related areas of concern are 1) The Epic back cover, and 2) The Epic's charger/data port

I don't want to wear out either (back cover or port).

I feel better about the back cover, at least. :)

-Gary K

Umm yeah the mini usb port is another story. I am not sure if it is just me or because I also use the car dock but I definitely feel like my USB port is getting more loose. It still charges but occasionally I'll grab my phone while it is plugged in and the mini usb will just fall right out and because of that I am EXTREMELY careful while flashing anything with odin.

arhoolie

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine's held up well, too, though I've only had it since mid-February. I love popping in a fully-charged replacement battery, all the while chanting the magic incantation, "If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have an iPhone...." :D

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine's held up well, too, though I've only had it since mid-February. I love popping in a fully-charged replacement battery, all the while chanting the magic incantation, "If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have an iPhone...." :D

Love the iPhone thing. I've had no problems with my cover thus far. The Mini USB However..........starting to loosen up quite a bit. Just as we all feared when we got these phones. Not sure if it's the male or female end though.

fintablayze

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My back cover has seen better days. Top right never seems to want to fully close.. But I guess I can't really say I was gentle with it when I was first rooting my phone and had to constantly remove the battery :p

Sent from my Epic 4g using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance