SD Card Issues

MongarEric

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a few ringtones saved on my SD card that I use for various notification sounds. I also use beyondpod to listen to podcasts, and it automatically saves the podcast files to the sd card. After a while, my phone will no longer play the sound for notifications where I have selected a sound from the sd card. Then, if I try to open beyondpod and play a podcast that I already downloaded, the file won't load and will fail to play. So I turn my phone off and back on, and everything works fine. I've tried downloading sdrescan, in hopes that I could just run that app instead of power cycling my phone, but it doesn't do anything. Also, if I take a picture while the phone is failing to read files from the sd card, the phone will save the picture to the sd card without a problem.

This sd card has no problems being read by the built-in card reader for my laptop or the usb cardreader I have.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a few ringtones saved on my SD card that I use for various notification sounds. I also use beyondpod to listen to podcasts, and it automatically saves the podcast files to the sd card. After a while, my phone will no longer play the sound for notifications where I have selected a sound from the sd card. Then, if I try to open beyondpod and play a podcast that I already downloaded, the file won't load and will fail to play. So I turn my phone off and back on, and everything works fine. I've tried downloading sdrescan, in hopes that I could just run that app instead of power cycling my phone, but it doesn't do anything. Also, if I take a picture while the phone is failing to read files from the sd card, the phone will save the picture to the sd card without a problem.

This sd card has no problems being read by the built-in card reader for my laptop or the usb cardreader I have.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I would try backing up your sdcard to your computer then format the sdcard in your device and then transfer the files back to your sdcard.

Give it a shot..

Reactions: MongarEric