Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD Card Issues

I have a few ringtones saved on my SD card that I use for various notification sounds. I also use beyondpod to listen to podcasts, and it automatically saves the podcast files to the sd card. After a while, my phone will no longer play the sound for notifications where I have selected a sound from the sd card. Then, if I try to open beyondpod and play a podcast that I already downloaded, the file won't load and will fail to play. So I turn my phone off and back on, and everything works fine. I've tried downloading sdrescan, in hopes that I could just run that app instead of power cycling my phone, but it doesn't do anything. Also, if I take a picture while the phone is failing to read files from the sd card, the phone will save the picture to the sd card without a problem.

This sd card has no problems being read by the built-in card reader for my laptop or the usb cardreader I have.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MongarEric View Post
    I have a few ringtones saved on my SD card that I use for various notification sounds. I also use beyondpod to listen to podcasts, and it automatically saves the podcast files to the sd card. After a while, my phone will no longer play the sound for notifications where I have selected a sound from the sd card. Then, if I try to open beyondpod and play a podcast that I already downloaded, the file won't load and will fail to play. So I turn my phone off and back on, and everything works fine. I've tried downloading sdrescan, in hopes that I could just run that app instead of power cycling my phone, but it doesn't do anything. Also, if I take a picture while the phone is failing to read files from the sd card, the phone will save the picture to the sd card without a problem.

This sd card has no problems being read by the built-in card reader for my laptop or the usb cardreader I have.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    I would try backing up your sdcard to your computer then format the sdcard in your device and then transfer the files back to your sdcard.

Give it a shot..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Make sure you enable hidden files on your computer, so you can back those up too.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks guys, I'll try that out later today.