Ugh...Netflix on HTC devices but no Epic yet

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The Captivate guys already have it working on one of their ROMs, so I don't see why it couldn't be done for the Epic as well.

Nightfury82

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Powerful, multimedia phone doesn't get Netflix at launch. Oh well. I guess if there are bugs with Netflix they will get worked out before arriving for the Epic.

pxraver

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
??

Good thing I switched from epic to nexus on Monday. ;)

Epic 4g and Nexus S are virtually the same phone. They are both hummingbird processor. Its a mystery why netflix wouldnt release support for epic 4g as well Why cant i try using the Nexus S Install on my epic 4g?

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
That's why I have an iPod Touch 4G. Netflix and Hulu+ apps. Both need to come to Android soon though. Kinda ridiculous that we don't have them.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If anyone gets a Nexus S Netflix APK Would you mind posting link to it on here so i can attempt to use it on my epic 4g

just google it... it says "your device is currently not supported" I was going to look into changing the build.prop to see if that works (old school fix)

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
To be fair. The EVO did come out 2 months before the EPIC. I would expect Netflix to work on the EPIC in about two months. Also, I'd assume they'd limit support to gingerbread to keep support and testing costs down for the EPIC.

freeze

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
kind of bummed this doesn't work on the Epic. Hopefully they add support soon since the Nexus S is so similar or the devs here/xda figure out a way to get it to work.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about it. We know we have a powerful device in the Epic and it's destined to get Gingerbread (we hope). So just be patient. :)

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Netflix app is confirmed to work with leaked Gingerbread builds for the Epic. So either Netflix updates their app to work with 2.2 Epics or official Gingerbread is released and it will work then. At least we know it will work someday soon.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Epic 4g and Nexus S are virtually the same phone. They are both hummingbird processor. Its a mystery why netflix wouldnt release support for epic 4g as well Why cant i try using the Nexus S Install on my epic 4g?

My suspicion is that when the decisions were made, Epic was still 2.1.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

actually ppl are having horrible issues with the nexus s with wifi and 4g reception where they have no bars or barely any coverage when a different phone like the evo is next to it with full bars and full wifi coverage.

i wouldnt celebrate about the switch yet until all those serious kinks are worked out.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The 2 phones are extremely different software wise. The way they handle DRM content is very different. Plus, why would Samsung want something that competes with their mediahub?

Other than no upgrading the OS on phones, Samsung has no real control over what software gets designed for their phones. Samsung could feasibly manipulate the OS to make it more difficult for select software developers to develop apps, but since it's open source the PR onslaught on this alone deters them from trying to control software development for their phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol