What Perform's Better?

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
After having an Epic since launch I have grown very fond of TouchWiz. My mom has an Evo, which is a wonderful device, which I played with a lot before I chose the Epic and I enjoyed Sense. I may be the only one but I just didn't fall in love with it like I did with TW. That being said, I am looking at an alternative, I am considering switching to GO Launcher or LP. I was curious as to whether the launchers will perform better overall (will either launcher be faster, more stable, snappier than TW). Is there a launcher that you guys or gals have found that you like more and are just as stable if not more than TW? Sorry for the bombardment of threads by me. I just love android central and you are all just oh so helpful.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
If you like TW, I'd recommend Go Launcher, which features a similar side scrolling app drawer. LPP is modeled to look more like Sense, especially with its default widgets. I like LPP a lot better than either Go or TW, but that's personal preference I suppose.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Launchers are a personal choice. ADW, Launcher Pro, Open Home, Go Launcher EX, etc, all preform well. All have different dock bars, different number of home screens, different widgets, etc.

I have tried or used various launchers, but went with Open Home for more than a year. Then went with Go Launcher EX for the last few months and using Power Strip multi tasking app. It works for me. Download a few and play with them.....

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
ADW Ex, it's very customizable with themes, icons, docks, effects. There's even an option to make the icons look how they do in TouchWiz. I made my Nexus look like a Honeycomb device. It's really an awesome launcher. And stable, if it ever acts up, you can easily restart it and it cleans the cache out and is fine. Updates are very frequent too.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I find that I like LP a lot more because it is so much more customizable and way faster - especially if you set your settings to max - although I do have a friend with an Evo that prefers Sense an even though he has LP and ADW - he says he doesn't like how the screen just snaps in place with my settings.

I prefer that the snap in place right now rather than the slow smooth animation screen change - heck, I guess I just faster than him :)

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've used Touchwiz, Launcher Pro Plus and SPB 3D Shell.

I like SPB shell the best, but it is a little resource intensive. I have settled on LPP because it is fairly clean, responsive, and I can resize icons and place them anywhere I would like.

If SPB was a little more customizable, I'd probably go back to that. However, I'd likely have to increase my CPU speed to 1200 to get brisk performance.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Launcher Pro Plus, And I prefer it over other launchers, my 2nd choice would be Stock TouchWiz.

Launcher pro has a lot of cool features and is highly customizable.
My favorite feature of LPP is the ability to add & customize shortcuts on 3 available scrolling docks. I even changed the icons. Keps my screens clean so I can actually see the wall paper.

LPP is snappy and clean.

TW is nice I like the side scrolling just not enough customization and it feel clunky to me ( screen real estate hog)

Just my opinions.

This is all the beauty of Android & Linux- options options options, Try em all if you don't like them go back to TW

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I had a lot of forceclose and slow performance on LPP. It is apparently based on some old Android code and he is doing a ground floor rewrite of it, so not so surprising I guess. I switched to GO Launcher and like it better. It does the same plus more and runs better for me. I have not tried any others yet, but thanks to all for the feedback and ideas.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon