19 minute call; overheated

MaryTN

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
While plugged into a non-Samsung-made car charger yesterday, my Epic became so overheated that I had to end the call. There was a message about the battery being too hot and the red light flashed continously. I shut the phone down.

I was sitting in my driveway at the time, not driving. Could that have affected it? My Epic is not rooted.

Has anyone else had this experience? Overheating after 19 minutes is a problem.
Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
While plugged into a non-Samsung-made car charger yesterday, my Epic became so overheated that I had to end the call. There was a message about the battery being too hot and the red light flashed continously. I shut the phone down.

I was sitting in my driveway at the time, not driving. Could that have affected it? My Epic is not rooted.

Has anyone else had this experience? Overheating after 19 minutes is a problem.
Thanks.
Could be the charger cable you used or possibly hardware issues/battery going bad?

How does it charge at home on your house charger that came with the device?

MaryTN

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Good point about the car charger. The phone is a month old but the car charger is ancient and has been banged around a lot. My previous (non-Android) phone was a Samsung. I haven't taken the Epic charger out of the box because my old wall charger (purchased from ebay) fit.

When I use the wall charger, everything is fine. When it is done, it beeps to notify me.

I think I will get a new car charger... I feel silly that I didn't think of that. Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Good point about the car charger. The phone is a month old but the car charger is ancient and has been banged around a lot. My previous (non-Android) phone was a Samsung. I haven't taken the Epic charger out of the box because my old wall charger (purchased from ebay) fit.

When I use the wall charger, everything is fine. When it is done, it beeps to notify me.

I think I will get a new car charger... I feel silly that I didn't think of that. Thanks.
FYI, I know many have gone out and simply bought a car outlet to USB connector and then used their stock USB cable to hook up. Costs literally a few bucks online (Amazon, etc. ) instead of the $20+ something for the official Sprint/Samsung charger.

Reactions: MaryTN

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699