My Epic's screen turned black yesterday for no apparent reason however the touch screen still works...

if i touch and scroll the lock up it still makes the sounds and i can guess were to touch to turn my alarm off on the black screen and that works, as all the buttons! i just cant see the screen anymore,

i did not install anything new, last thing i remember doing is just taking a picture. now i have a working phone with a black screen how do i fix this?

also, i cant even see the vol down camera power screen

help please

_____________________________________________________________________________

Update: after ltting my phone sit on the charger for about 3 hours it came back on
    BUT it went right back to the previous (working but all black screen) problem wen
    i made a call which i now remember is what triggered it yesterday

I just tried getting into download mode and it did not work or show up
    anyy further suggestions? if not can i ask the sprint store 4 help if i rooted my phone and unlocked it for boost?

PS. (i been making outgoin calls for months now n this never happened even with it rooted & inlocked)

thanx 4 taking the time to answer my questions
    05-14-2011 01:15 PM
    My Epic's screen turned black yesterday for no apparent reason however the touch screen still works...

if i touch and scroll the lock up it still makes the sounds and i can guess were to touch to turn my alarm off on the black screen and that works, as all the buttons! i just cant see the screen anymore,

i did not install anything new, last thing i remember doing is just taking a picture. now i have a working phone with a black screen how do i fix this?

also, i cant even see the vol down camera power screen

help please

_____________________________________________________________________________

Update: after ltting my phone sit on the charger for about 3 hours it came back on
    BUT it went right back to the previous (working but all black screen) problem wen
    i made a call which i now remember is what triggered it yesterday

I just tried getting into download mode and it did not work or show up
    anyy further suggestions? if not can i ask the sprint store 4 help if i rooted my phone and unlocked it for boost?

PS. (i been making outgoin calls for months now n this never happened even with it rooted & inlocked)

thanx 4 taking the time to answer my questions
    Have your tried pulling your battery out for about 30 seconds and replacing it?
    05-14-2011 02:00 PM
    still dosent worn
    05-16-2011 09:12 AM
    work*
    05-16-2011 09:12 AM
    Sorry for gravedigging this but I'd rather gravedig then make a new thread.

I'm having the same problem explained above...my screen is all but the keypad lights up still. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it??
    06-23-2011 12:10 PM
    Sorry for gravedigging this but I'd rather gravedig then make a new thread.

I'm having the same problem explained above...my screen is all but the keypad lights up still. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it??
    I had this exact same problem 2 weeks ago. Bad news: there is no fix for it. Good news: take it to sprint and they will replace the phone for $35 or $0 if you have the insurance.
    06-23-2011 01:45 PM
    I am facing the same issue. Can anyone suggest me any solutions?
    10-03-2012 09:23 AM
    I am facing the same issue. Can anyone suggest me any solutions?
    As mentioned above, your phones screen is dead. A trip to a Sprint service center is in order. There is no "fix" short of replacing the failed part(s) which may include the screen, display driver, or any other mainboard components.
    10-03-2012 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD