Phone has been stolen

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So my wifes phone was stolen at work by a couple of little teenie bopper girls, and since it's rooted, the Asurion App doesn't work. Was wondering if any one knows any way to lock it up, or do a GPS lock on it or, ANYTHING really...

Thanks in advance.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
im sorry to say, but NO.

i recommend you go through the market and get a app that can locate the phone, lock it out, wipe it and all that good stuff.

through htcsense.com you can do this with htc phones.

if u do get a app in the future, make sure u TEST all the features after a back up of course.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
How about the family locator service by Sprint? If the phone is on, you should be able to locate the phone within several yards.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
final resort is to call sprint and they will mark it stolen and make it unusable on their network, mark ESN bad. i think they can revert that if you get it back.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My daughters phone was stolen and we used sprint family locator and tracked it to a specific address. My daughter refused to let me knock on the door so we called the police.

Police came and approached the house. They came back and said the parents said the kids living there didn't have any phone. They said they couldn't do anything without a search warrant and wouldn't bother with one for a phone. After a few choice words and a comment about talking to the parents myself, the police told me if I made any attempt to approach the house I would be arrested. Then went back to the house to tell them if I came on their yard to call them. We later found out the little prick living in the house sits right behind my daughter in one of her classes.

Lesson learned.... Don't call the police. Go to the house on your own.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

LoneWolf545

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
My daughters phone was stolen and we used sprint family locator and tracked it to a specific address. My daughter refused to let me knock on the door so we called the police.

Police came and approached the house. They came back and said the parents said the kids living there didn't have any phone. They said they couldn't do anything without a search warrant and wouldn't bother with one for a phone. After a few choice words and a comment about talking to the parents myself, the police told me if I made any attempt to approach the house I would be arrested. Then went back to the house to tell them if I came on their yard to call them. We later found out the little prick living in the house sits right behind my daughter in one of her classes.

Lesson learned.... Don't call the police. Go to the house on your own.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

We had a similar situation, but the outcome was a bit different. The cops insisted that since the theft occurred at school, the school resource officer was the appropriate authority to handle the situation. I went to the school the following morning and left the information I had on where the phone had shown up (including a satellite picture showing the house), as the resource officer was at another school. By the time he called me an hour or so later, the school had identified the probable thief as someone who had just finished a suspension for a previous theft that had been captured on security cameras in the school. The school resource officer was able to use the information we had provided, combined with the fact that she knew she'd been caught in the past on the cameras, to pressure the girl into admitting the theft, and had the girl and her mother return the phone to him at the school, and he gave it back to my daughter (she'd been following the rules and had it in her locker during class).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish