Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 610
Like Tree25Likes
  1. #26  
    TexasEpic4G's Avatar

    Posts
    178 Posts
    Carrier
    MortifyROM / CM7

    Default

    There does seem to be a little confusion and rukus over at XDA with ACS / INC , so I guess we just have to wait and see what transpires ... they had a good group of developers and I know Paul mentioned them often as helpers with his ROMs
  2. #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkshneider View Post
    Maybe we can get a PM invitation for an IRC channel were some things can be explained. *hint*
    Just hit the @epic channel or the #acs-users channel... You will see all the normal well known names hanging around in there.. Sit back and listen, you will learn and hear a lot...
  3. #28  
    Darkshneider's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Las time I went there, there wasnt a whole lot of talking. You got a web IRC link?
  4. #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkshneider View Post
    Las time I went there, there wasnt a whole lot of talking. You got a web IRC link?
    Don't have the link handy ATM, but late at night seems to be the active time....
  5. #30  
    Darkshneider's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    No prob, I found it over XDA in the Epic Wiki page. Thanks.
  6. #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbking77 View Post
    k0nane is taking a break from developing from the Epic. Hopefully he'll be back soon
    Don't expect to see much of INC for very long.
    what is INC and what is going on? did one team do something to the other? we want to know. perhaps its time to trade my epic again for an evo... after all its only been about 4 days since i traded....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
    what is INC and what is going on? did one team do something to the other? we want to know. perhaps its time to trade my epic again for an evo... after all its only been about 4 days since i traded....
    INC is no more. I am now apart of the ACS team again. K0 is taking a break and hopefully will be back to developing for the epic soon.
  8. #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbking77 View Post
    INC is no more. I am now apart of the ACS team again. K0 is taking a break and hopefully will be back to developing for the epic soon.
    i thougt that k0 is the head chef at acs.... so he just started their... so is he now exiled from the android community over something. we want to know... do we need to ask for a freedom of information act request....
  9. #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
    i thougt that k0 is the head chef at acs.... so he just started their... so is he now exiled from the android community over something. we want to know... do we need to ask for a freedom of information act request....
    k0nane and others of ACS/INC are on a leave for some time. If someone decides to talk about why they left and the reasons behind it then so be it but its better we don't ask. k0nane will probably return at some time down the road, trust me hes still around lurking in the shadows he's just using a different name that few know about (before you ask I don't know..)

    We still have many talented devs/themers available, things will continue as they always have.
  10. #35  
    tomy2001's Avatar

    Posts
    250 Posts
    Carrier
    EH17 U. Metamorphosis 2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    k0nane and others of ACS/INC are on a leave for some time. If someone decides to talk about why they left and the reasons behind it then so be it but its better we don't ask. k0nane will probably return at some time down the road, trust me hes still around lurking in the shadows he's just using a different name that few know about (before you ask I don't know..)

    We still have many talented devs/themers available, things will continue as they always have.
    I just wanted to say thank you to K0nane for bringing magic to our phones. If he didn't come back we would miss him.
  11. #36  
    skyward's Avatar

    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Bonsai 4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    k0nane and others of ACS/INC are on a leave for some time. If someone decides to talk about why they left and the reasons behind it then so be it but its better we don't ask. k0nane will probably return at some time down the road, trust me hes still around lurking in the shadows he's just using a different name that few know about (before you ask I don't know..)

    We still have many talented devs/themers available, things will continue as they always have.
    Anonymous internet forum just stooped to a new level of anonymity. :-)

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  12. #37  
    stinkins's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Carrier
    2.2.1 Stock ROM

    Default

    Please come soon. I am really sick of using the preloaded option. I hope Gingerbread comes soon...
  13. #38  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkins View Post
    Please come soon. I am really sick of using the preloaded option. I hope Gingerbread comes soon...
    Its been 5 days since compiled, generally, they take about 2-4 weeks (maybe longer, this depends solely on the carrier) of testing of a final build before it is decided to be pushed out to the phones. A flawless update (something Epic owners have never seen) takes about 5 days to roll out in batches. Too frequently, however, during the OTA push, it can get cancelled (as was seen with the EB build).
  14. #39  
    btc0526's Avatar
    I wish I worked at google

    Posts
    220 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Carrier
    MIUI

    Default

    Does anyone know if this will come with the new version of touchwiz seen on the galaxy s2?
  15. #40  

    Default

    Probably not on the TW.
  16. #41  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    Its been 5 days since compiled, generally, they take about 2-4 weeks (maybe longer, this depends solely on the carrier) of testing of a final build before it is decided to be pushed out to the phones. A flawless update (something Epic owners have never seen) takes about 5 days to roll out in batches. Too frequently, however, during the OTA push, it can get cancelled (as was seen with the EB build).
    I don't think there is a device out there that has seen a "flawles build" so I think its unfair to mark the Epic as being something in the minority. Even the great Nexus S, EVO and most recently the TBolt have needed patches/updates to fix issues and even with those there are still issues unsolved.
  17. #42  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I don't think there is a device out there that has seen a "flawles build" so I think its unfair to mark the Epic as being something in the minority. Even the great Nexus S, EVO and most recently the TBolt have needed patches/updates to fix issues and even with those there are still issues unsolved.
    I would disagree. Everything worked pretty much as advertised on the Hero. Sure I wish it got updated past 2.1, but keeping the processor at 528Mhz, incredibly small (to todays standards) space for apps, I could understand why it didn't get upgraded. I still have mine to tinker with and I don't recall any major issues with the 1.5 and 2.1 builds. Each radio upgrade provided true benefits in signal strength. To this day, I have yet to get 3G speeds faster on any CDMA device over the Hero. As for the Tbolt, they are experiencing isolated issues. Not everyone with a tbolt is having reboot issues. It also seems to be a radio issue, not a ROM issue (benefits of rooting/roming is you usually can upgrade one without the other, like on the epic).

    But anyways, you seem to have missed my point. Getting a lot of that lately.
  18. #43  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP JB

    Default

    I just want this build to come out
  19. #44  

    Default

    @Andrew, I get your point. I also get your point that your not happy with Sprint or Samsung. Lately I also see that you have been taking things a bit to personal against those that you always offered to help in the past which was never your style. Hopefully you will find happiness once again with a new device and or carrier.
  20. #45  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    @Andrew, I get your point. I also get your point that your not happy with Sprint or Samsung. Lately I also see that you have been taking things a bit to personal against those that you always offered to help in the past which was never your style. Hopefully you will find happiness once again with a new device and or carrier.
    Well, I have a problem with people trying to commit insurance fraud. (I have the direct message if you want to see it, but that's off-topic). Also, I still do help, I'm not a bad person. I've gotten that wrap, but guess what? Looks like my complaints have been answered. Looks like the CM7 developers are building their own code for the CM7 Kernel and have made good progress as of late. My personal opinion is that it should have happened months ago, but its great to see non the less. I can't help that Sprint's coverage sucks in an area I recently moved to. Or that they have lost a lot of contracts with their roaming partners (where I can't even text at work where I roam). The only thing I can do is switch carriers, which I have begun the switch. Tomorrow night will determine what I do as its my first night at work with my new shiny phone. I also can understand why my service sucks with Sprint. I live and work near the everglades... no one lives there.
    My biggest gripe was all the excuses people made about the epic, where its like the red-headed step child of the Galaxy S line and that's why development has been slow.
  21. #46  

    Default

    Sooooo .... Any updates on this yet? have not heard anything for a week.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

    Default

    Speculation is that it will be released somewhere around June 20th. No set date, and ALL speculation and rumor.
  23. #48  
    cheburashka's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanGB 1.1.2-MTD

    Default

    Sigh... 8(
  24. #49  
    stinkins's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Carrier
    2.2.1 Stock ROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbking77 View Post
    Speculation is that it will be released somewhere around June 20th. No set date, and ALL speculation and rumor.
    The sooner, the better, Mr. Sprint. I am really beginning to get sick of some of the instability issues I am beginning to have with 2.1.

    EDIT: I'm on 2.2.1 I must have missed the second 2 in there somehow....
  25. #50  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkins View Post
    The sooner, the better, Mr. Sprint. I am really beginning to get sick of some of the instability issues I am beginning to have with 2.1.
    your not on 2.2?
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions