Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 4 finger reboot

    How do I disable it?
    Phone: Galaxy Note 2 | ROM: Stock | Kernel: Stock
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn
  2. #2  

    Default

    You mean so you can't use it anymore...
  3. #3  

    Default

    Serve your servant...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tails63 View Post
    You mean so you can't use it anymore...
    yes.... so I can't use it anymore
    Phone: Galaxy Note 2 | ROM: Stock | Kernel: Stock
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn
  5. #5  

    Default

    You mean disable the power, volume up and camera button reboot? I don't think that can be disabled. Just don't hit all three buttons at same time. Problem solved.....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    You mean disable the power, volume up and camera button reboot? I don't think that can be disabled. Just don't hit all three buttons at same time. Problem solved.....
    Problem not solved. There have been numerous occasions when I have sat down with my Epic in my leather holster and have found out that it had apparently reboot. I discovered this at the gym today when the phone was resting on the bike and it was lying on it's side...I hit the volume button and i managed tao press the entire phone down at a time and it rebooted. This is usually when I get in my car.

    If it can't be disabled, then so be it. I'll just take it out before I get in the car.
    Phone: Galaxy Note 2 | ROM: Stock | Kernel: Stock
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Problem not solved. There have been numerous occasions when I have sat down with my Epic in my leather holster and have found out that it had apparently reboot. I discovered this at the gym today when the phone was resting on the bike and it was lying on it's side...I hit the volume button and i managed tao press the entire phone down at a time and it rebooted. This is usually when I get in my car.

    If it can't be disabled, then so be it. I'll just take it out before I get in the car.
    I carry mine in a leather holster I got from Sprint. Never had a holster induced reboot. I really can't see how any holster or pouch can hold down all three buttons at the same time for a few seconds will induce a reboot. You may have something else going on, or try another carrying device....
  8. #8  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    I carry mine in a leather holster I got from Sprint. Never had a holster induced reboot. I really can't see how any holster or pouch can hold down all three buttons at the same time for a few seconds will induce a reboot. You may have something else going on, or try another carrying device....
    I had the same problem but it wasn't the buttons. My battery wasn't being held properly by the back cover and would lose contact and turn off or reboot whenever the phone was jostled, shaken, bent or flexed just right.

    To fix it, I kept putting a small strip of masking tape on the inside of the back cover until it was thick enough to hold the battery securly. It hasn't happened since.

    Give it a try, what do you got to lose.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keithvetter View Post
    I had the same problem but it wasn't the buttons. My battery wasn't being held properly by the back cover and would lose contact and turn off or reboot whenever the phone was jostled, shaken, bent or flexed just right.

    To fix it, I kept putting a small strip of masking tape on the inside of the back cover until it was thick enough to hold the battery securly. It hasn't happened since.

    Give it a try, what do you got to lose.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    I never had a reboot problem. If the buttons weren't the problem, why did you want to disable the three button reboot? As you asked in your first post......
  10. #10  
    gitit20's Avatar

    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ace Rom 1.7 / ACS 1.2

    Default

    Mine does the samething some times... the oem case that u can by is tight and moving just right will do the button combo for reboot has happend maybe 10 times since launch day...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    I never had a reboot problem. If the buttons weren't the problem, why did you want to disable the three button reboot? As you asked in your first post......
    It amuses me that people respond to posts by saying "I never had [that problem]" as if to deny that the problem doesn't exist.

    Simply put, the problem exists on my phone. Whether the buttons are being hit at the same time, whether I need to put a piece of tape in my holster, or whether turning the ignition sends a jolt of subthreshold electrical charge through my body and magically causes a reboot is irrelevant.

    The phone simply reboots. I have duplicated this nearly every time I have sat down in my car and have found it happens at other times when I sit down. I have now realized that the volume down button is stickier compared to the volume up button and that the phone is not snug in the leather holster. When I have my Seido case on, this does not happen. Clearly it is case-button related. It happened with stock-SRF-ACE installed. Changing the orientation of the phone didn't change anything.

    Either way, I figured it out.

    Thanks for the responses, even the "mine doesn't do that" ones.

    BTW, I posted the first question, not Keith.
    Phone: Galaxy Note 2 | ROM: Stock | Kernel: Stock
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  
    Orion72's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default

    Mine doesn"t do that, BUT I didn't know about the three button reboot. Thanks for that!
  13. #13  

    Default

    Why is it called a four finger reboot when only three buttons are pressed???

Posting Permissions

B