Best Modem?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
probably EB13. I've had issues with EE03, and EC05. I've had issues with EB13 Roms, and I can't use them due to a critical bug that affects me that no one seems to care about (secondary gmail accounts don't sync automatically). As far as modem, I think it was the best, but I don't think its mattered much. Sprints network as decreased drastically around the same time the other 2 modems came out, which may have caused a placebo effect that they are "worse" modems.

monkey30butt

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I live in an area with weak signal. The EB13 modem refused to switch to roam & constantly had very weak or no signal. When I flashed the EC05 modem it started working at least as well as it did under DI18. It would switch to roam now & over all has much better signal. I have not tried the EE03 yet. I may have to give it a shot.

tatertot1712

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
im in st louis and i did notice an improvement in signal when i flashed the ee03 modem. seemed to be a little better. i cant say long term however; i got used to the speed of ext4 and having to switch back to rfs was a huge slow down.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
im in st louis and i did notice an improvement in signal when i flashed the ee03 modem. seemed to be a little better. i cant say long term however; i got used to the speed of ext4 and having to switch back to rfs was a huge slow down.

You can run the EE03 Modem on an EXT4 Froyo ROM. You may not even be running the EE03 modem now if you just flashed the rom (the modem has to be odin'd separately). You can go back to your EXT4 ROM and just odin the Modem now if you wanted.

Reactions: only1penny

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed my speeds were slower and called sprint. they send a signal update I guess. He said i would recieve an update message but i didnt. Then later on when i got home i went head and tested my 3g and 4g speeds and they were alot faster. 1.2 down on my 4g and less then .5mbs up ... after the call I'm getting 3down and 1 up. Not what i was getting before 2.2 but beeter then I was getting after it. when i first got the Epic i was seeing numbers in the 6mbs down,

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed my speeds were slower and called sprint. they send a signal update I guess. He said i would recieve an update message but i didnt. Then later on when i got home i went head and tested my 3g and 4g speeds and they were alot faster. 1.2 down on my 4g and less then .5mbs up ... after the call I'm getting 3down and 1 up. Not what i was getting before 2.2 but beeter then I was getting after it. when i first got the Epic i was seeing numbers in the 6mbs down,

The network wasn't as crowded then. Supposedly, they are ramping up the speed over the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22