So other phones are getting their Gingerbread updates.......

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It was stupid of me to believe that just because Samsung had their hands on Gingerbread first that we would be the first to get the update....Now you see phones like the Droid X getting it now and of course silence from Samsung about the Galaxy S......

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Patience, sir. Two leaked builds suggest Samsprint is working hard to get it out to us. This might be wishful thinking, but I don't think we'll have anywhere near the wait that we did for Froyo.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It was stupid of me to believe that just because Samsung had their hands on Gingerbread first that we would be the first to get the update....Now you see phones like the Droid X getting it now and of course silence from Samsung about the Galaxy S......

To date, its the first to be updated in the US. What other phones have announced GB dates? None, which is pretty pathetic, considering risks involved with Froyo that have been mentioned on the front page in the past. Also, without a GB update, official support for highly demanded apps like Netflix are out of the question (The Evo and Incredible support the correct DRM profiles, thats why they have Froyo and netflix working).

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
...and I seem to remember people being hopeful that since google picked samsung for its nexus phone and that some gb for epic leaked the "maybe we'll get gb before evo or be one of the first ones... yeah, NOT happening. I get the feeling we will be the last ones... again. :(

Since we know that there were a number of builds the question becomes:

"Would people rather have GB EExx pushed officially than get EEyy pushed with fixes and improvements, maybe followed by some other build, or wait, and wait, and wait, and wait untill samsprint finally desides they made it 'perfect' before they push it?"

So... would ppl prefer to get "something" and see updates, or wait for that "perfect" build?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
...and I seem to remember people being hopeful that since google picked samsung for its nexus phone and that some gb for epic leaked the "maybe we'll get gb before evo or be one of the first ones... yeah, NOT happening. I get the feeling we will be the last ones... again. :(

Since we know that there were a number of builds the question becomes:

"Would people rather have GB EExx pushed officially than get EEyy pushed with fixes and improvements, maybe followed by some other build, or wait, and wait, and wait, and wait untill samsprint finally desides they made it 'perfect' before they push it?"

So... would ppl prefer to get "something" and see updates, or wait for that "perfect" build?

I found some serious flaws with bluetooth, battery and stability with EE03. I would hope EE19 fixes those, but we have to wait and see as I don't think that one is getting leaked (with everyone at ACS "taking a break from Epic Development"). Sooo. We wait and see.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I found some serious flaws with bluetooth, battery and stability with EE03. I would hope EE19 fixes those, but we have to wait and see as I don't think that one is getting leaked (with everyone at ACS "taking a break from Epic Development"). Sooo. We wait and see.

Battery issue could just be that we got used to the kind of battery life we got when we had ROMs like ACE ROM and SRF which provide great battery life. And don't expect things like bluetooth to work or the leak being stable because, well... it's a leak

hofs1

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
for me bluetooth has been finally fixed............my parrot system FINALLY works like it did with my Pre....in other words perfect.

battery drain and signal fluctuations as well as it gets hot durring 3g i do experience. But since im in the car alot the working bluetooth is only reason im sticking it out so far.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
for me bluetooth has been finally fixed............my parrot system FINALLY works like it did with my Pre....in other words perfect.

battery drain and signal fluctuations as well as it gets hot durring 3g i do experience. But since im in the car alot the working bluetooth is only reason im sticking it out so far.

Mine sounded like crap during a phone call. I was able to fix it with a toggle to speakerphone, then toggle back to bluetooth... but I don't want to do that while I'm driving.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance