Epic 4G texts being sent to wrong contact

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
im kinda new to this forum and this is my first thread :). I hate the stock messaging app on my Epic 4G so i downloaded Handsent SMS to many the best messaging app on the market. The problem is when im textin with someone a friend for example like 1 of the text will go to my girlfriend even though in the thread it said it went to the person I was textin with. None of the texts that my girlfriend has received have got me in trouble yet :). Ive seen this happen on the Evo and other phones but no too many comments on the Epic. Has this happened to you? Whats causing this? How do I fix it?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Neither have I. Cross my fingers. LOL

So is it an Android OS in general problem? or has it been tracked back to a particular ROM, or application issue. Or a combination of them all. I thought it was a bug in 2.1, that came with 2.2, and has been fixed with 2.3

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
well hopefully it gets fixed on 2.3 gb but obviously we Epic users will have to way about a month to see the OTA update. glad no one else has had that problem. To me it only happens once in a while but its annoying having my girl asking me who im textin with.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
im kinda new to this forum and this is my first thread :). I hate the stock messaging app on my Epic 4G so i downloaded Handsent SMS to many the best messaging app on the market. The problem is when im textin with someone a friend for example like 1 of the text will go to my girlfriend even though in the thread it said it went to the person I was textin with. None of the texts that my girlfriend has received have got me in trouble yet :). Ive seen this happen on the Evo and other phones but no too many comments on the Epic. Has this happened to you? Whats causing this? How do I fix it?

Never happened to me at all on any phone that I have had, i.e., Since the begining of PalmOS - Since the begining of Samsung Moment and Epic on Android.

Are you sure your girlfriend and your friend aren't closer than you think? :D

Could you possibly be entering two phone numbers into your texts "To" field - as I have seen some pretty fast texters, and maybe this could happen?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its a somewhat of a known bug issue with Andorid. However i have not heard it as much recently. I thought they had a fix for it.
Google SMS texting bug for Android and you will see a lot of results.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Never happened to me at all on any phone that I have had, i.e., Since the begining of PalmOS - Since the begining of Samsung Moment and Epic on Android.

Are you sure your girlfriend and your friend aren't closer than you think? :D

Could you possibly be entering two phone numbers into your texts "To" field - as I have seen some pretty fast texters, and maybe this could happen?
well the thing is that in handsent texts messages appear in threads so theres no way i could send the text to the wrong person if im just replyin. however i sent a text to my girl yesterday and my friend go it but in the thread it was sent to my girl I havent tried textin with the stock sms but ill give gosms pro a chance it looks really good and some users here gave some feedback on it already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers