Time to start getting impatient?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Screen rotation lag... Only had to do the upside cal once... who cares?

Screen off animation a favorite? Really? Are you kidding?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Sorry Keith, I forgot to say "MOST" users would appreciate these things. Keith I still don't understand why after all this time for someone that has complained so much and been so unhappy why you continue to be an Epic 4g owner/user. I really think its time for you to either get with it and deal with certain issues like everyone else or move onward to a new device. I do understand your complaints but there isn't anything we can do about it. Why do you think rooting and ROMs have been such a favorite with the Epic 4g? Because it overcomes and fixes most of what you complain about. I know your stance on rooting and so does many of the regular users here and you basically have 2 choices friend...

1. Root and forget about the issues that stock OS brings.
2. Stay stock and deal with it...

There isn't any other options unfortunately... Eclair 2.1 (DI18) has come and gone and I know that was you favorite and you know the only way to get back there if Sprint won't do it for you... Odin... ( I know, Odin and you don't work... )

Sorry Keith this is just a never ending circle. There just comes a point where nothing we say or offer can help or resolve your complaints/issues anymore. There is only so much with stock that we can aid in fixing if Samsung/Sprint don't put out a patch or fix. Bottom line its just out of our hands so you have to come to terms with what they have left you for a stock OS.

BTW, Screen off animation is cool in my opinion... Can't wait for the devs to expand on this in custom ROMs and come up with custom screen off animations.

Reactions: NIUHuskie

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
it sucks waiting for ever..i asked my samsung rep she has no clue on launch date only that they pushed it back again for couple issues they found...if i were to guess i would say in july the update come out or late very late june

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
According to posts on XDA, we are supposed to see a new leaked today sometime... EF02 to be exact.. Details are still sketchy but they are claiming its an official Samsung tar, from the Samsung firmware servers that is getting leaked...

Stay tuned as we find out more...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Keith, I forgot to say "MOST" users would appreciate these things. Keith I still don't understand why after all this time for someone that has complained so much and been so unhappy why you continue to be an Epic 4g owner/user. I really think its time for you to either get with it and deal with certain issues like everyone else or move onward to a new device. I do understand your complaints but there isn't anything we can do about it. Why do you think rooting and ROMs have been such a favorite with the Epic 4g? Because it overcomes and fixes most of what you complain about. I know your stance on rooting and so does many of the regular users here and you basically have 2 choices friend...

1. Root and forget about the issues that stock OS brings.
2. Stay stock and deal with it...

There isn't any other options unfortunately... Eclair 2.1 (DI18) has come and gone and I know that was you favorite and you know the only way to get back there if Sprint won't do it for you... Odin... ( I know, Odin and you don't work... )

Sorry Keith this is just a never ending circle. There just comes a point where nothing we say or offer can help or resolve your complaints/issues anymore. There is only so much with stock that we can aid in fixing if Samsung/Sprint don't put out a patch or fix. Bottom line its just out of our hands so you have to come to terms with what they have left you for a stock OS.

BTW, Screen off animation is cool in my opinion... Can't wait for the devs to expand on this in custom ROMs and come up with custom screen off animations.

I don't know where this is coming from. I have said all along I have NO issues with my stock phone. Nothing is broken EVERYTHING works on my phone. I just have one small issue but it's not because something doesn't work. I just didn't like how the camera app no longer has the option to disable geo tagging. As for your custom roms, I haven't read where any of them will fix my ONLY geo tag issue.

So really you want me to change my phone for 1 issue. Have you ever heard me say I was unhappy with my phone? No...

My post above was me getting a kick out all the hand wringing going on about gingerbread. I think it is almost comical for relativly minor update to be so anticipated.

Perhaps in the Welcome to the forums post you should just say, "if you are an average phone user and not a power user, you are not welcomed here because you views are not wanted. My view is if the phone works why mess with it?

Again, tell me where I complained about my phone not working properly. The only thing you are going to find is my complaint about geo tag and calender events not importing, which I fixed (thanks to this website).

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know where this is coming from. I have said all along I have NO issues with my stock phone. Nothing is broken EVERYTHING works on my phone. I just have one small issue but it's not because something doesn't work. I just didn't like how the camera app no longer has the option to disable geo tagging. As for your custom roms, I haven't read where any of them will fix my ONLY geo tag issue.

So really you want me to change my phone for 1 issue. Have you ever heard me say I was unhappy with my phone? No...

My post above was me getting a kick out all the hand wringing going on about gingerbread. I think it is almost comical for relativly minor update to be so anticipated.

Perhaps in the Welcome to the forums post you should just say, "if you are an average phone user and not a power user, you are not welcomed here because you views are not wanted. My view is if the phone works why mess with it?

Again, tell me where I complained about my phone not working properly. The only thing you are going to find is my complaint about geo tag and calender events not importing, which I fixed (thanks to this website).

No problem Keith.. I among many others are very excited about getting Gingerbread. If its only for a lack of some small enhancements and some bug fixes so be it. Its something new and fresh and fun to play with after months and months of Froyo "goodness" (I use that term loosely)..

Maybe GB will provide those few solutions that you and others are looking forward to, maybe not. Otherwise we can only wait and see what ICS brings us. That is if we get to see it on the Samsung Epic 4g.

I retract anything that may have put you on the defensive as that wasn't my intentions. My point I was trying to convey is that running stock you can only come up with so many fixes and tricks around the stock OS. Custom ROMs do provide many more fixes and possibilities but don't always resolve everything.

Back to the thread topic at hand... I think we are getting closer with this latest EF02 leak. I'm running it and rooted with ClockworkMod installed and its doing good so far. We will see what a day or two from now shows for stability and battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae