messenger for front facing cam?

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to find any use for the front facing cam. Does Android have a messenger program that can use the cam with MSN messenger? I know the new gingerbread has gtalk with video but chances are we will never get that update for the epic.

Darkshneider

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to find any use for the front facing cam. Does Android have a messenger program that can use the cam with MSN messenger? I know the new gingerbread has gtalk with video but chances are we will never get that update for the epic.
Theres Qik, Fring, Tango, Oovoo and Yahoo. For MSN, none that I know of unless Fring does it.

Gingerbread Gtalk does use it and the Epic will get that update pretty soon for all the rumors floating around. You can try one of the leaks and flash an add-on that lets you use video call.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Theres Qik, Fring, Tango, Oovoo and Yahoo. For MSN, none that I know of unless Fring does it.

Gingerbread Gtalk does use it and the Epic will get that update pretty soon for all the rumors floating around. You can try one of the leaks and flash an add-on that lets you use video call.

All those apps are trash. Finding someone that actually use any of them is impossible for me. The gingerbread leaks are all 2.3.3 which doesn't have the new gtalk. Plus I only know two people that use gtalk. Everyone is using msn messenger.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

1. No, not with msn messenger.

2. The epic's gb update is 2.3.3 not 2.3.4, so it cannot do the gtalk chat like the nexus s, or soon to be released tunderbolt update. I've been running the ef02 with ef10 baseband update for a few days now. Its pretty solid with the exception of an mms error that doesn't stop (not when you send them, but when you receive them).

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
i've tried tango a few times. works fine on wifi, but when on the move, bad to worse. these apps are all impacted by data speed.

as for MSN messenger app, i read there's an official one coming out in april. something like windows live messenger by miyowa? did a quick search in market and do not see it, but saw a few others. good luck.

Nexus 4g

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
All those apps are trash. Finding someone that actually use any of them is impossible for me. The gingerbread leaks are all 2.3.3 which doesn't have the new gtalk. Plus I only know two people that use gtalk. Everyone is using msn messenger.

Everyone I know with a front facing cam has tango... it automatically adds contacts in your phone book who have installed that app. Its pretty good, however not a messenger, sry :-(

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
What we really need is for Skype to come out with one for Android!

But I'll take Google Talk once we get it :) The latest build for the Epic was 2.3.4.