I miss multitasking

xalky

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I switched from a palm pixi to the epic 4g. The pixi was very similar to the pre with the webos. I just couldn't wait anymore for the pre3 to come out on sprint.

Don't give up on the epic. Its taken me a little time to get used to how android does things but I'm starting to like it a lot.

The thing with android is that the apps are seemingly limitless and if you get into rooting your phone, the customizing is amazing.

Webos is certainly more intuitive and easier to use . The android rom designers should take a look at webos for some nifty little tricks that nobodys doing on android.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
the more i play with it the more i like it. the key board is sentational,is fun to browse the app store, love the masseging system,and the notificationsystem is symple and clean.

Funky Cricket

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I also miss the multitasking of the pre but what can i do. Webos has no apps and devices.

GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!!

heheheh.

I agree, home or using the drop down to switch to email I can go back to browser. I normally don't leave much running so I tend to have RAM free to keep the page cached.

dbeedle

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You can make things more Pre/WebOS-like with Virtual Task Switcher or Itching Thumb as mentioned in http://forum.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/33254-palm-webos-homebrewers-guide-android.html

I've tried both but have been determined not to take up resources with "extras". Of the two I like Itching Thumb a little better. I did, however, snag Wave Launcher when it was free on Amazon a little while back. I've gotten used to Android (I came from a Pre) but there are occations when WebOS really shines over Android.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah? You can change the browser on an android phone but can you change the butt ugly UI on a windows phone?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
To the best of my knowledge you cannot change the launcher interface of Windows Phone 7- but using an android app- you can change android to look like WP7... I love to do it as joke on friends phones!

Agreed- if you don't NEED a keyboard, and just bought the Epic- I'd probably recommend the Evo 3D. HTC supports their phones better, and their web browsers always get some nice exclusive features.

That said, if you can wait- the new Samsung Galaxy S2 on all carriers will be amazing... just wait and see.

Reactions: joselito76

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention HTC's mail app is much much better. No issues with HTML rendering, no issues with mailbox syncing (epic with gb leak is sending my text messages to my exchange account, which I don't want). HTC also seems to have their crap together. Nice to see a device see 3 updates in less than 24 hours since it's official release.

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Another tip when you want to multitask on the Epic is to long press the home button, that will bring up a window with an icon for the last six apps used in addition to access to the task manager. I highly recommend rooting and using something besides EC05 as its slow as an Epic will ever get. I am getting great speeds and no force closes.

As to the browser losing its place another poster stated correctly that it was probably from hitting the back button. I know it's a matter of personal preference but I use Miren browser... When it comes to managing multiple windows and keeping track of bookmarks I couldn't find a better browser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc