Phone app force closes when i make a call

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok im sort of freaking out. I cannot place a call but i can recieve one. When i place one it gives me a message saying the phone app force closes. I tried rebooting and i really hope i dont have to do a factory reset. I looked everywhere and cannot find an answer, someone please help

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to option to clear data/cache for the phone app in settings/applications/manage applications/phone? Try that first and see if that fixes your problem

Reactions: btc0526

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to option to clear data/cache for the phone app in settings/applications/manage applications/phone? Try that first and see if that fixes your problem

No it didnt. I tried everything. Booting into cwm recovery and wiping dalvik cache and anything else i could think of. Weird thing was that i could still recieve calls. I ended up just doing a factory reset which fixed it. However, i was frustrated that it deleted the apps on my sd card. I thought since it didnt touch the sd card they would still work but nope :( sadly im still trying to redownload the 200+ apps i had. Thanks though!