Won't boot up and PC doesn't recognize it

Sahmbo1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so for the past couple of days my Epic has been freaking out. Running laggy as all be, force closes all over the place, all that good stuff. It just came out of no where, no new apps, normal updates. Anyway, enough was enough, backed everything up and went to do a Factory Reset.

Well, now the thing just sits at the Samsung boot screen (for almost an hour). I was going to Odin back but I can not get the computer to recognize the phone (it had previously). I get the USB device not supported error message in every USB port. I tried reloading the drivers about a dozen times, took the computer up and down, tried all 4 USB ports, nothing.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do before I take it in to Sprint so they can yell at me?

I appreciate any and all advice, thank you!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so for the past couple of days my Epic has been freaking out. Running laggy as all be, force closes all over the place, all that good stuff. It just came out of no where, no new apps, normal updates. Anyway, enough was enough, backed everything up and went to do a Factory Reset.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1049817&posted=1#post1049817
Well, now the thing just sits at the Samsung boot screen (for almost an hour). I was going to Odin back but I can not get the computer to recognize the phone (it had previously). I get the USB device not supported error message in every USB port. I tried reloading the drivers about a dozen times, took the computer up and down, tried all 4 USB ports, nothing.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do before I take it in to Sprint so they can yell at me?

I appreciate any and all advice, thank you!

Have you tried removing the battery from the unit and leaving it out of the device, then plug in and boot into Download Mode. Then see if Odin will recognize the device?

Also try pulling the sdcard and disable any anti virus on your computer.

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about Sprint. If its just hanging at the Sammy screen there isn't much they can do or say.... Were you running rooted or a custom ROM prior to this happening, I'm guessing yes due to you saying you did a backup of things..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, no dice. Oh well.
How old is your Epic may I ask? Possible that you just had a recent USB port failure on your Epic...

Regardless seeing the state your Epic is in not able to boot up then I wouldn't worry about it. Sprint will probably list it as a hardware failure and replace it.

Sahmbo1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I got it back in October. I took it into Sprint. The tech people were able to reflash EC05 back onto it. Everything is back to normal minus the fact I can't get it to mount onto any of my computers as so I can reroot it. I tried a couple of cables, I guess I'll need to run to The Shack and pick up a nice cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC