order already placed for sprint Nexus?

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's for posters. But yes, it's a start. Only question is now, will it have WiMAX or LTE? I don't care about WiMAX, hell I'd love a 3G only version as long as it meant it was on Sprint and it was the Galaxy Nexus. With Sprint's LTE network launching next year I'm sure it's possible they could include an LTE radio that they enable when it's ready via software update.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It's for posters. But yes, it's a start. Only question is now, will it have WiMAX or LTE? I don't care about WiMAX, hell I'd love a 3G only version as long as it meant it was on Sprint and it was the Galaxy Nexus. With Sprint's LTE network launching next year I'm sure it's possible they could include an LTE radio that they enable when it's ready via software update.

If info about this phone are already surfacing, I'd reckon it has LTE since I doubt they could get a Wimax chip into this phone that quick.

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If info about this phone are already surfacing, I'd reckon it has LTE since I doubt they could get a Wimax chip into this phone that quick.

Unless Sprint's known about it for months and been working with Google and Samsung to have a WiMAX version ready, which is a possibility. I mean it wouldn't at all be a big deal to include WiMAX along with LTE and HSPA+ compatibility in the Samsung reveal of the device, considering everyone's moving to LTE. Just playing devil's advocate here. I think Sprint should move away from WiMAX and stop releasing smartphones with it. I'd be cool with a 3G only Nexus on Sprint. Worked fine for the iPhone considering that's all some people wanted was an iPhone on Sprint.

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
yeah i'm seeing now that its for a poster. my mistake! I edited the OP to not make me look too stupid.

But everybody says "sprint doesn't have HSPA or LTE" are they forgetting the fact that the verizon version is bound to have a CDMA radio too? I think that there is a higher chance that the nexus comes to sprint and is just 3G. I don't think they would put in an LTE radio when they could get away with not putting one in a keeping the cost down while keeping the same price.

Price is a huge thing to think about with a sprint version. We know that verizon likes to make 4G phones a higher price but will sprint match the price that verizon gives the nexus? or will they undercut it to make people consider their nexus over verizon's?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Unless Sprint's known about it for months and been working with Google and Samsung to have a WiMAX version ready, which is a possibility. I mean it wouldn't at all be a big deal to include WiMAX along with LTE and HSPA+ compatibility in the Samsung reveal of the device, considering everyone's moving to LTE. Just playing devil's advocate here. I think Sprint should move away from WiMAX and stop releasing smartphones with it. I'd be cool with a 3G only Nexus on Sprint. Worked fine for the iPhone considering that's all some people wanted was an iPhone on Sprint.

But then again, those Wimax frequencies would've popped up in the FCC report. I don't think a company can keep those kinds of things under wraps.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Look at the hottest selling device out right now. The brand new iPhone4S, which is still just 3G only. No 4G on the new iPhone is not hurting sales one bit.

My point, the Galaxy-Nexus for Sprint would be fine by me as 3G only. The 4G WiMax is a big battery drainer and I never use it. WiFi for me the most.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Look at the hottest selling device out right now. The brand new iPhone4S, which is still just 3G only. No 4G on the new iPhone is not hurting sales one bit.

My point, the Galaxy-Nexus for Sprint would be fine by me as 3G only. The 4G WiMax is a big battery drainer and I never use it. WiFi for me the most.

The reason why the iPhone can get a lot of sales, even when they don't have 4G is because the majority of them are uneducated or misinformed about it. I still remember when people thought the iPhone 4 was a 4G phone since it had the number 4 in its name haha.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If documents about the Sprint Galaxy Nexus are already surfacing, does that suggest that we will be seeing the Galaxy Nexus soon (like December-Q1 2012 soon)?

P_Land15

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm really thinking that Sprint will see this phone before the end of the calendar year. Verizon may have an "exclusive" but I just don't see how Google would allow them to lock out a large portion of the US market and developer community by not having the "developer" phone available to more then 1 carrier. I still think we will see it here by the end of November or first of December, but I am still worried as to how the radios will work on our version, all CDMA w/ Wimax or what. I just hope it comes out sometime soon, I don't think it will see well on Big Red as they won't make any money on the "Verizon" apps so they have no real reason to push this phone.

Who knows til we have some sort of announcement from Sprint. Plus Big Red has not even said a date yet. We can hope though!!

Cmon Sprint!

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have read in about 2 Articles that Sprint is gonna get it Nov. 24th. Which prolly will be 25th since most of their phones get released on a Friday.