Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
    source?
    It was on engadget today with their sources. I think it was straight from Sprints mouth

Default Re: Sprint will get the Galaxy Nexus in Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Since Sprint is now saying LTE phones are coming second half of the year, I think I will be passing on the GN anyway. I'm content with my NS for another year.
    well at least you know you're going to get ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich soon. i have an EVO 4G and prefer the hardware over the Nexus S BUT "pure" Google and ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich would be sweet. i'm still hoping for a Sprint G-Nex soon.

If they do get it, i will sell my 2 phones i have and grab one. Thats for sure!!!

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    well at least you know you're going to get ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich soon. i have an EVO 4G and prefer the hardware over the Nexus S BUT "pure" Google and ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich would be sweet. i'm still hoping for a Sprint G-Nex soon.
    I have ICS already. They alpha builds the community are churning out are amazing. Fast, stable with the best battery life I ever had.

I had an EVO 4G before the NS, and loved it, but the NS is in a different league in my opinion. Pure Google is great, build quality is better, and the hardware, from the screen to the CPU are just better on the NS. Only thing I liked better about the EVO is the screen size, but I hated the brick design. The NS is just so much more sleek and comfortable in the hand.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Android32 View Post
    If they do get it, i will sell my 2 phones i have and grab one. Thats for sure!!!
    I'm not saying I definitely won't, but I'm okay waiting I think. After reading this, I wonder if the GN is going to come in the second half with LTE.

i posted this in another thread but will repost it here -

HTC designs are starting to look dated and tired compared to the Samsungs like the new G-NEX. sleek, all black, rounded, no lines, and no buttons is the way to go. these HTC square slabs with big edged bezels and backings and cheesy ornamentation and faux markings and designs don't look so hot anymore.

the EVO is a year and a half old. HTC and Chou need to go back to the drawing board and start innovating again rather than be lazy and spitting out EVO variants all day long (EVO, Incredible, Thunderbolt, Desire, EVO 3D, Design 4G, etc.) Chou better kick it up a notch and get his *** in gear or he and HTC are going to keep on getting smoked by Samsung and ultimately be put out of business.

HTC Revenue drops 30%
    ramonm2 likes this.

I have ICS already. They alpha builds the community are churning out are amazing. Fast, stable with the best battery life I ever had.

I had an EVO 4G before the NS, and loved it, but the NS is in a different league in my opinion. Pure Google is great, build quality is better, and the hardware, from the screen to the CPU are just better on the NS. Only thing I liked better about the EVO is the screen size, but I hated the brick design. The NS is just so much more sleek and comfortable in the hand.
    i don't f**k with Alphas or Betas or cooked ROMs or Root. i need 100% reliability. i like the sleekness of the NS4G - it's almost like a mini G-NEX. but i don't like the lack of an LED, the cheap plasticky feel, and the much smaller-looking display vs. the EVO. i could have bought a near new one on Craiglist for about $100 but declined. i'll wait for the Sprint G-Nex and keep using my EVO 4G until then. i like the HTC build quality and i love the big Sense clock widget - but other than that i'm ready to drop HTC and i'm sold on the G-Nex. pure Google Android is too sweet.
    cjones likes this.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

i posted this in another thread but will repost it here -

HTC designs are starting to look dated and tired compared to the Samsungs like the new G-NEX. sleek, all black, rounded, no lines, and no buttons is the way to go. these HTC square slabs with big edged bezels and backings and cheesy ornamentation and faux markings and designs don't look so hot anymore.

the EVO is a year and a half old. HTC and Chou need to go back to the drawing board and start innovating again rather than be lazy and spitting out EVO variants all day long (EVO, Incredible, Thunderbolt, Desire, EVO 3D, Design 4G, etc.) Chou better kick it up a notch and get his *** in gear or he and HTC are going to keep on getting smoked by Samsung and ultimately be put out of business.

HTC Revenue drops 30%
    I agree. I'm getting sick of seeing their unibody designs everywhere except for Sprint. After my EVO I'll also say that their famed build quality doesn't seem to extend past the unibody phones either. The NS is much more solid for me. I was very disappointed in the EVO build quality.

this will never happen no nexus for sprint for a while

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    Alright let us in on your secret. How do you know Sprint won't get the Gnex? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    never say never doktor!

of course sprint will get the G-Nex...google cant have their flagship device in the U.S. without google wallet...a sprint exclusive...all of you who want to leave sprint for verizon...that 2GB data cap will make you come back...what is the point of a 4G LTE device when you only have 2GB of data to work with?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by infamous702 View Post
    of course sprint will get the G-Nex...google cant have their flagship device in the U.S. without google wallet...a sprint exclusive...all of you who want to leave sprint for verizon...that 2GB data cap will make you come back...what is the point of a 4G LTE device when you only have 2GB of data to work with?
    Because journalists tell them that 2GB is more than enough and people listen.
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009
    Thanked by:

What's the point of a premium 4G device with no cap on a 3G network

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Yep. And I love that they talk about streaming HD movies in the same breath
    VickMackey#AC likes this.

last year I switched from sprint to t-mobile to try out a gsm nexus s and a different network.

I only went abroad and switched SIM cards once, and I kept getting throttled on the 5GB data limit (tethering and streaming) here.

I plan on running back to sprint when the g-nex comes out for it and hoping they don't change their unlimited data model. I have heard rumors they wanted to switch to a data cap, but it would be slightly embarassing for Sprint to change their unlimited data offering considering all their commercials still go on about it and why it's one of the primary reasons to choose them over the other carriers.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner1111 View Post
    last year I switched from sprint to t-mobile to try out a gsm nexus s and a different network.

I only went abroad and switched SIM cards once, and I kept getting throttled on the 5GB data limit (tethering and streaming) here.

I plan on running back to sprint when the g-nex comes out for it and hoping they don't change their unlimited data model. I have heard rumors they wanted to switch to a data cap, but it would be slightly embarassing for Sprint to change their unlimited data offering considering all their commercials still go on about it and why it's one of the primary reasons to choose them over the other carriers.
    Hesse has just recently confirmed unlimited data is staying for the foreseeable future, again. That's not changing anytime soon. Ignore all the people trying to stir the pot with that.

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    It is for some people if you're just doing some quick browsing. If you like to stream videos and stuff then no, you'll hit that cap fairly quick.

I average about 300Mb of data usage a month with my HTC Hero but then again it sucks at streaming video so I dont bother.

ok now that the G-Nex is finally out on Verizon let the countdown begin for the Sprint G-Nex. Google needs Sprint to partner with on Google Wallet to make it the de facto standard for mobile commerce. i'll take a Sprint G-Nex with 3G for now - turn the LTE chip off. and turn it on when Sprint's LTE lights up. this is the perfect way to make the transition! come on Hesse!!!!!!!! make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

ok now that the G-Nex is finally out on Verizon let the countdown begin for the Sprint G-Nex. Google needs Sprint to partner with on Google Wallet to make it the de facto standard for mobile commerce. i'll take a Sprint G-Nex with 3G for now - turn the LTE chip off. and turn it on when Sprint's LTE lights up. this is the perfect way to make the transition! come on Hesse!!!!!!!! make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That would be so perfect. If there's no LTE, I'm gonna have to hold onto my NS until the next Nexus

OR perhaps HTC and Sprint have something up their sleeve for Q1 2012??? perhaps a true successor to the EVO 4G? perhaps a 4.5-5.0" EVO HD with ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich and Sense 4.0?????

HTC better have something good coming or they will lose a lot of customers.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

OR perhaps HTC and Sprint have something up their sleeve for Q1 2012??? perhaps a true successor to the EVO 4G? perhaps a 4.5-5.0" EVO HD with ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich and Sense 4.0?????

HTC better have something good coming or they will lose a lot of customers.
    It would have to be something really big for me to consider it. Unibody with vanilla Android. After my EVO 4G I won't buy another HTC on Sprint. Build quality problems and brick like body don't do it for me. I like the sleekness of the Nexus and greatly prefer Samsung build quality. And after my Nexus S, I don't want anything skinned whether I can put CM on it or not. CM still has issues that stock rooted does not

i checked out the G-Nex this morning. very thin, very nice build quality, very nice display. i think i will get it when/if it comes to Sprint.
    Lucki likes this.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

My big problem is I should be in the first wave of LTE. Buying a non LTE phone at this point would not be smart for me

My big problem is I should be in the first wave of LTE. Buying a non LTE phone at this point would not be smart for me
    the CDMA LTE G-Gnex has already been created. not really an extra work for Samsung. the R&D and hard work has already been done. Sprint should snap them up at a relative bargain and everyone gets some economies of scale and everyone is happy including customers. let this be the transition device for Sprint to LTE.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast