Sprint will get the Galaxy Nexus in Dec.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah i've noticed, they've been really lazy about things lately just hoping they get a good phone within two months because am seriously thinking about the samsung galaxy because the evo has a very tiny ram space :( all these running apps are killing it!

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
yeah i've noticed, they've been really lazy about things lately just hoping they get a good phone within two months because am seriously thinking about the samsung galaxy because the evo has a very tiny ram space :( all these running apps are killing it!

The SGSII on Sprint is a great phone.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Wish that Sprint would get on the GN and get it to us. I want a Pure Google phone with the great specs, so when I sign a 2 yr contract I have a phone that will last two yrs and will get the attention of the development community and stay like new even a yr and a half later. My Evo 4G still feels great with CM7.

Love a good Dev Phone.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
honestly don't think sprint will get the galaxy nexus until May of next year especially when the nexus s 4g came out around May this year. sprint usually sticks to 1 year cycles for most of their phones, it will go 6 months without the GN. i could very well be wrong though.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
God do I hope you are wrong Pirate. I can't wait until May for some 4.0 Nexus Goodness. I don't understand why Sprint is so far behind on the Nexus line.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
God do I hope you are wrong Pirate. I can't wait until May for some 4.0 Nexus Goodness. I don't understand why Sprint is so far behind on the Nexus line.

Because Google is being stupid giving exclusivity. I have to say though, I am extremely happy with my NS with ICS. If LTE is coming, I may not upgrade till then

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Since Sprint is the only carrier to support Google Wallet - i think we have a chance of the G-Nex coming to Sprint relatively soon. it's all about search, ads, commerce, and transactions. and Google wants and needs to be on the forefront of that and wants to make Google Wallet the de facto standard. you need a willing carrier for that asap.

Reactions: crzycrkr and cjones

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Since Sprint is now saying LTE phones are coming second half of the year, I think I will be passing on the GN anyway. I'm content with my NS for another year.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Since Sprint is now saying LTE phones are coming second half of the year, I think I will be passing on the GN anyway. I'm content with my NS for another year.

well at least you know you're going to get ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich soon. i have an EVO 4G and prefer the hardware over the Nexus S BUT "pure" Google and ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich would be sweet. i'm still hoping for a Sprint G-Nex soon.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
well at least you know you're going to get ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich soon. i have an EVO 4G and prefer the hardware over the Nexus S BUT "pure" Google and ice cream sammmmmmmmmmich would be sweet. i'm still hoping for a Sprint G-Nex soon.

I have ICS already. They alpha builds the community are churning out are amazing. Fast, stable with the best battery life I ever had.

I had an EVO 4G before the NS, and loved it, but the NS is in a different league in my opinion. Pure Google is great, build quality is better, and the hardware, from the screen to the CPU are just better on the NS. Only thing I liked better about the EVO is the screen size, but I hated the brick design. The NS is just so much more sleek and comfortable in the hand.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i posted this in another thread but will repost it here -

HTC designs are starting to look dated and tired compared to the Samsungs like the new G-NEX. sleek, all black, rounded, no lines, and no buttons is the way to go. these HTC square slabs with big edged bezels and backings and cheesy ornamentation and faux markings and designs don't look so hot anymore.

the EVO is a year and a half old. HTC and Chou need to go back to the drawing board and start innovating again rather than be lazy and spitting out EVO variants all day long (EVO, Incredible, Thunderbolt, Desire, EVO 3D, Design 4G, etc.) Chou better kick it up a notch and get his ass in gear or he and HTC are going to keep on getting smoked by Samsung and ultimately be put out of business.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/138868-htc-revenue-drops-30-a.html#post1456057

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have ICS already. They alpha builds the community are churning out are amazing. Fast, stable with the best battery life I ever had.

I had an EVO 4G before the NS, and loved it, but the NS is in a different league in my opinion. Pure Google is great, build quality is better, and the hardware, from the screen to the CPU are just better on the NS. Only thing I liked better about the EVO is the screen size, but I hated the brick design. The NS is just so much more sleek and comfortable in the hand.

i don't f**k with Alphas or Betas or cooked ROMs or Root. i need 100% reliability. i like the sleekness of the NS4G - it's almost like a mini G-NEX. but i don't like the lack of an LED, the cheap plasticky feel, and the much smaller-looking display vs. the EVO. i could have bought a near new one on Craiglist for about $100 but declined. i'll wait for the Sprint G-Nex and keep using my EVO 4G until then. i like the HTC build quality and i love the big Sense clock widget - but other than that i'm ready to drop HTC and i'm sold on the G-Nex. pure Google Android is too sweet.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
i posted this in another thread but will repost it here -

HTC designs are starting to look dated and tired compared to the Samsungs like the new G-NEX. sleek, all black, rounded, no lines, and no buttons is the way to go. these HTC square slabs with big edged bezels and backings and cheesy ornamentation and faux markings and designs don't look so hot anymore.

the EVO is a year and a half old. HTC and Chou need to go back to the drawing board and start innovating again rather than be lazy and spitting out EVO variants all day long (EVO, Incredible, Thunderbolt, Desire, EVO 3D, Design 4G, etc.) Chou better kick it up a notch and get his ass in gear or he and HTC are going to keep on getting smoked by Samsung and ultimately be put out of business.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/138868-htc-revenue-drops-30-a.html#post1456057

I agree. I'm getting sick of seeing their unibody designs everywhere except for Sprint. After my EVO I'll also say that their famed build quality doesn't seem to extend past the unibody phones either. The NS is much more solid for me. I was very disappointed in the EVO build quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC