Don't understand Google!

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand Google and Samsung's motivation with the Galaxy Nexus and not having it come out with all the carriers. If you were Google and Samsung, wouldn't you want the phone on as many carriers as possible? Verizon is dragging it's feet during the all important X-mas buying season and everyday that passes is another day that GN is getting older. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Any thoughts from the Peanut Gallery?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. Google doesn't really care which Android phones sell as long as Android gets the win/sale. Google doesn't want tp push the G-nex too hard because they don't want to sabotage/alienate/cannibalize their other hardware partners ie HTC, Motorola, LG, Sony, et al. so they actually WANT a soft launch.
2. Samsung doesn't really care which Samsung phones sell as long as Samsung gets the win/sale. they are more than happy to sell GSIIs etc.
3. Verizon doesn't really care which Verizon phones sell as long as Verizon gets the win/sale. these guys just want to grow high value subscribers.

4. the general public/unwashed masses is interested in buying "Droids" and "Razrs" etc. because that is what the marketing is telling them to buy. they don't really know or care about the G-Nex and ICS. (at this point).

5. i wish Google would buy Sprint and use it as a foundation to build their own Google network on and thus combined with Motorola have a true pure Google end-to-end offering.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
1. Google doesn't really care which Android phones sell as long as Android gets the win/sale. Google doesn't want tp push the G-nex too hard because they don't want to sabotage/alienate/cannibalize their other hardware partners ie HTC, Motorola, LG, Sony, et al. so they actually WANT a soft launch.
marketing is telling them to buy. they don't really know or care about the G-Nex and ICS. (at this point).

5. i wish Google would buy Sprint and use it as a foundation to build their own Google network on and thus combined with Motorola have a true pure Google end-to-end offering.

That would be Epic...and make all devices AOSP!!!!!