Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Master of Time and Space

Default Re: Predictions: When will the Sprint GNex be released?

Quote Originally Posted by editor619 View Post
    The probable reason for the Viper pre-orders is to lock in as many sales as they can for the lower end phone before the higher-end one is released. It is possible they'll both be the 22nd, but they'll have already "sold" to the average consumer the lower end phone before they realize there's a better one they could have had.

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalSammich View Post
    I don't know why everything thinks this is all such a big deal. To those who are going to buy the Viper, they weren't going to buy the Galaxy. Sprint isn't heavily advertising the Galaxy Nexus, because it's niche has the smallest impact of the entire lineup, current, past, future.

You all need to take a marketing course or something. The G-Nex ISN'T a mainstream device, isn't going to make or break carrier sales, never was, never intended to do so. It's just "another" option.

Mainstream is Galaxy S series, Mainstream is HTC flagship. BTW, the G-NEX, is NOT a flagship device! Mainstream is also price point, and anything under $100, is mainstream!

Mainstream = carrier focus, period.

The G-Nex could be released right now, and no one would KnoW about it! Sprint just doesn't care, and they don't need to, as it's not going to make or break them.

Samsung ALSO could not care less. They have millions of Galaxy S series devices moving out of their doors by the second.

LOOK AT THE BIG PICUTRE - AND THEN UNDERSTAND IT!

End of rant
    Both good points.
    This is the first phone I planned to buy that had not come out yet so I have been tracking its' progress.
    Rather surprised that they are keeping the G-Nex on the downlow but the Viper will most likely make more for Sprint than the Nexus will.
    The Nexus is probably highly subsidized.

As long as I can get one when it comes out, hopefully on the 22nd, I will be happy.
    If I don't win one, of course.

Mav.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.

Thumbs up Re: Predictions: When will the Sprint GNex be released?

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    More and more info out there looks to verify the 22nd as G-Nex Release Day:

Just 10 days, my friends.

Mav.
    I was just going to post a few links, you beat me to it
    Just 10 more days.. Hoping for a pre-order though.. will feel nice pre-ordering one!!

You might want to look at the front page of Sprint... looks like a marketing error:

But it definitely shows signs of an imminent release.

If they've edited it since, here's the Android Police article:

ROM
    Stock

Both good points.
    This is the first phone I planned to buy that had not come out yet so I have been tracking its' progress.
    Rather surprised that they are keeping the G-Nex on the downlow but the Viper will most likely make more for Sprint than the Nexus will.
    The Nexus is probably highly subsidized.

As long as I can get one when it comes out, hopefully on the 22nd, I will be happy.
    If I don't win one, of course.

Mav.

Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of legal gag-order on the device due to initial exclusivity with Verizon.

These carrier giants DON'T play nice with each other. Just look at the patent disputes over the past 18 months for comparison on what's going on in that world.
    To Each His Own

LG G2 D800 Unlocked (AT&T)
    Rooted Android 4.2.2

HTC One 32GB Black (AT&T)
    - Full RUU Converted to Google Edition - [OTA's Work]
    - Android 4.3 Rooted - Unlocked -

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Please tell me why I can pre order a Viper but not a Nexus?!?! :banghead:

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #657  

If the nexus doesn't have a pre order does this become first come first serve? Am I going to find myself sitting infront of a Sprint store on the 22nd a few hours before it opens?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - 4.2.2
    ---------
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - 4.2.1
    HTC EVO 4G - 2.3.5

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Quote Originally Posted by Gtronic View Post
    If the nexus doesn't have a pre order does this become first come first serve? Am I going to find myself sitting infront of a Sprint store on the 22nd a few hours before it opens?
    Yes.

If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

That won't be necessary. People are holding their pennies for the EVO.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gtronic View Post
    I really doubt there will be lines at the stores for this phone. If your store has stock launch day and you go that morning you shouldn't have a problem getting one.
    Master of Time and Space

Glad we got confirmation from Best Buy as I am using their Phone Freedom program to get my Galaxy Nexus for $50 off.
    I am counting the moments.

Mav.

Sent from the future on my Android Optimus S
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.

ROM
    euroskank cm10 kangs

Thanked by 2:
    Gtronic and Berserk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rwong48 View Post
    Nice!!!! I want it!!!
    Master of Time and Space

Went ahead and had Sprint kick in my Early Upgrade Buyout.

My original upgrade date was Sept 1st.
    Paid only $45.00 and I am now set for an upgrade deal on a new phone.
    Guess which phone that will be???

If anyone is thinking about doing the Early Upgrade, I recommend it.
    Call *2 from your phone and ask for Account Services.

Only 9 days until the G-Nex release.

If anyone goes by a Sprint store this Sunday and sees posters, etc and gets info on the GN release, post it up.

Mav.

Oh wow I remember reading about this but didn't know it was actually available. Is this available to everyone or just "targeted" customers like the article says? Either way I'm going to call Sprint in a little.
    Master of Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane87 View Post
    Oh wow I remember reading about this but didn't know it was actually available. Is this available to everyone or just "targeted" customers like the article says? Either way I'm going to call Sprint in a little.
    Cool.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mav.

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Went ahead and had Sprint kick in my Early Upgrade Buyout.

My original upgrade date was Sept 1st.
    Paid only $45.00 and I am now set for an upgrade deal on a new phone.
    Guess which phone that will be???

If anyone is thinking about doing the Early Upgrade, I recommend it.
    Call *2 from your phone and ask for Account Services.

Only 9 days until the G-Nex release.

If anyone goes by a Sprint store this Sunday and sees posters, etc and gets info on the GN release, post it up.

Mav.
    That's pretty cool man, heck yeah! Glad you'll be able to join us.

Cool.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mav.
    Just got off the phone with sprint. Bought out my contract. Thanks for the heads up!
    rwong48 likes this.
    Master of Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane87 View Post
    Just got off the phone with sprint. Bought out my contract. Thanks for the heads up!
    Very cool.
    When was your upgrade date and how much did it run you?

Mav.

Hello I been lurking on this forum for a longtime. Decided to join today :-). I called Sprint and they told me it comes out on the 22th and will be able to upgrade early through telesales.

I'm a lurker as well and I'm currently with Verizon but will be switching to Sprint. I went in to the Sprint store today and spoke to the manager. I told him that I was thinking about switching from Verizon to Sprint when my contract with Verizon ends in 3 day (BS, it ended last month) but didn't know how long I'd have to wait for the Gnex. He told me unofficially that they will be releasing the Gnex on the 22nd and that the posters will be going up this Sunday. It just confirms everything we have been hearing.
    Thanked by:
    Master of Time and Space

As always welcome to any and all lurkers.
    Thanks for the posts with info confirming all the rumors. Looking foward to getting my own GN next weekend.
    74AirCooledVW: glad to have another Dub fan on the boards.
    I am water cooled and fuel injected in my Dub love. 1992 Jetta.

Mav.

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

So the G'Nex is coming out on Earth Day...Looks like I have 2 things to celebrate!!!

That's great news though I was sort of hoping for the release to be on the 15th itself

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

just talked to customer service about the buyout program. my upgrade date is jan 1 2013, costed me $95 for the buyout program. it takes 24 to 48 hrs for the system update. once it's done, you can purchase your phone anywhere. so if you find a place online, like amazon offers a lower price than sprint, you can purchase the phone from them. I also asked what date is he gn being released, she checked for me and said it will be on the 20th. not sure if that's true or not, but one thng for sure, it's coming soon.
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930 ... LastLast