Predictions: When will the Sprint GNex be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
He's totally right, they didn't mention anything about the specs on the poster. It'll be $199.99 on a new 2 year...almost guaranteed.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

They rarely put technical specs on windows front posters. You wanna keep things simple so that you don't scare customers away.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I know this topic was beat to death, but..
it would really irk the hell out of me at my board room meetings to have all the iphone tools sitting around the table ask me, "hey uncool guy over there, that's not an iphone, whats that phone?". I'd have no choice but to show them the back cover and say's .. "its Sprint". Grrr

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
199 actually seems pretty dumb if you want it to fly off the shelves considering its known and just around the corner competition. At 99 bucks this becomes a HUGE value even w/o LTE lit up.

I agree.. That would be a sweet price point. Especially with the recent release of the Lumia 900, the flagship windows phone on the same price with LTE..

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
199 actually seems pretty dumb if you want it to fly off the shelves considering its known and just around the corner competition. At 99 bucks this becomes a HUGE value even w/o LTE lit up.

As the other Sprint LTE device, the LG Viper, has already been confirmed at $99.99 USD w/upgrade, I see the Galaxy Nexus being at $199.99 USD w/upgrade.
Any more than that, would make it not such a deal with the HTC EVO also confirmed at the same $199.99 USD.
Just my $.02

Whomever makes it first to a Sprint store this Sunday, get pics and info to post up.

Mav. :cool:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
As the other Sprint LTE device, the LG Viper, has already been confirmed at $99.99 USD w/upgrade, I see the Galaxy Nexus being at $199.99 USD w/upgrade.
Any more than that, would make it not such a deal with the HTC EVO also confirmed at the same $199.99 USD.
Just my $.02

Whomever makes it first to a Sprint store this Sunday, get pics and info to post up.

Don't even worry about that. I work just a few stores down from my Sprint store. ;)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

anon(71576)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey All,
Found this forum the other day and have just been lurking around. Like most of you, I'm ready to upgrade to the gnex the day it comes out, lol.
Thought I'd share this to get our hopes up for a possible release this weekend or next. Can't wait.
http://an.droid-life.com/2012/04/11/galaxy-nexus-and-lg-viper-store-tags-begin-to-arrive-at-sprint-shops-release-imminent/

By the way, I tried the QR code for the gnex and it goes to a Sprint page with this message "Oops , can't find the page you're looking for"

Last edited:

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
sprint-nexus-600x513.jpg

Just used scanlife on the QR code but the page isnt up yet. Gunna try it every day to see what happens

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey All,
Found this forum the other day and have just been lurking around. Like most of you, I'm ready to upgrade to the gnex the day it comes out, lol.
Thought I'd share this to get our hopes up for a possible release this weekend or next. Can't wait.
http://an.droid-life.com/2012/04/11/galaxy-nexus-and-lg-viper-store-tags-begin-to-arrive-at-sprint-shops-release-imminent/

Great find.
Looks like the 15th for the Viper and the 22nd for the Nexus is still the plan.

Still hoping to win a Nexus, but if not, it is fun to go and buy one. :)

As for the QR link, Sprint is probably waiting to activate it once the phone(s) are for sale.

Edit: Looks like the Viper may also wait until the 22nd

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/11/lg-viper-4g-april-22/

Last edited:

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Great find.
Looks like the 15th for the Viper and the 22nd for the Nexus is still the plan.

Still hoping to win a Nexus, but if not, it is fun to go and buy one. :)

As for the QR link, Sprint is probably waiting to activate it once the phone(s) are for sale.

Edit: Looks like the Viper may also wait until the 22nd

LG Viper 4G may hit Sprint stores on April 22nd -- Engadget

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-viper-may-be-available-sprint-locations-starting-april-22

If the Viper is the 22nd i can only hope the Nexus is the 15th

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, to help pass the time. I saw the commercial for the new Nokia Lumina and had to make this.

b8e3abb7-fe4f-36b0.jpg

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.