Predictions: When will the Sprint GNex be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Glad we got confirmation from Best Buy as I am using their Phone Freedom program to get my Galaxy Nexus for $50 off.
I am counting the moments.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Android Optimus S

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Went ahead and had Sprint kick in my Early Upgrade Buyout.

Sprint to Offer Early Upgrade Buyout Program ? Sprintfeed

My original upgrade date was Sept 1st.
Paid only $45.00 and I am now set for an upgrade deal on a new phone.
Guess which phone that will be??? :p

If anyone is thinking about doing the Early Upgrade, I recommend it.
Call *2 from your phone and ask for Account Services.

Only 9 days until the G-Nex release. :D

If anyone goes by a Sprint store this Sunday and sees posters, etc and gets info on the GN release, post it up.

hurricane87

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow I remember reading about this but didn't know it was actually available. Is this available to everyone or just "targeted" customers like the article says? Either way I'm going to call Sprint in a little.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Went ahead and had Sprint kick in my Early Upgrade Buyout.

Sprint to Offer Early Upgrade Buyout Program » Sprintfeed

My original upgrade date was Sept 1st.
Paid only $45.00 and I am now set for an upgrade deal on a new phone.
Guess which phone that will be??? :p

If anyone is thinking about doing the Early Upgrade, I recommend it.
Call *2 from your phone and ask for Account Services.

Only 9 days until the G-Nex release. :D

If anyone goes by a Sprint store this Sunday and sees posters, etc and gets info on the GN release, post it up.

That's pretty cool man, heck yeah! Glad you'll be able to join us. :)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Dat_guy_Juan

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello I been lurking on this forum for a longtime. Decided to join today :). I called Sprint and they told me it comes out on the 22th and will be able to upgrade early through telesales.

74AirCooledVW

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm a lurker as well and I'm currently with Verizon but will be switching to Sprint. I went in to the Sprint store today and spoke to the manager. I told him that I was thinking about switching from Verizon to Sprint when my contract with Verizon ends in 3 day (BS, it ended last month) but didn't know how long I'd have to wait for the Gnex. He told me unofficially that they will be releasing the Gnex on the 22nd and that the posters will be going up this Sunday. It just confirms everything we have been hearing.

Reactions: harold42483

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
As always welcome to any and all lurkers.
Thanks for the posts with info confirming all the rumors. Looking foward to getting my own GN next weekend.
74AirCooledVW: glad to have another Dub fan on the boards.
I am water cooled and fuel injected in my Dub love. 1992 Jetta. :)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So the G'Nex is coming out on Earth Day...Looks like I have 2 things to celebrate!!! :D

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
just talked to customer service about the buyout program. my upgrade date is jan 1 2013, costed me $95 for the buyout program. it takes 24 to 48 hrs for the system update. once it's done, you can purchase your phone anywhere. so if you find a place online, like amazon offers a lower price than sprint, you can purchase the phone from them. I also asked what date is he gn being released, she checked for me and said it will be on the 20th. not sure if that's true or not, but one thng for sure, it's coming soon.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Always take what a rep says with a grain of salt.

haha, i know. just wanted to add onto the rumors mill. haha, but i think all things are pointing to a release next weekend. i personally think the buyout program is a good deal for me. I was wiling to purchase a new one off craigslist or ebay for up to $450. now I will pay less than $400, possibilly less depend on how much amazon sells it for. plus I kno it will be brand new and under warranty.

hurricane87

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Very cool.
When was your upgrade date and how much did it run you?

I was only 10 months into my contract so it cost me $165 to buy out. I figure the phone will be $200 with 2 year upgrade so I will be paying $365 rather than $550-600 outright like I was planning on doing.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I was only 10 months into my contract so it cost me $165 to buy out. I figure the phone will be $200 with 2 year upgrade so I will be paying $365 rather than $550-600 outright like I was planning on doing.

wow, cost me 95. did the rep tell you it will take 24-48 hours to set it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome