Sprint to Announce in March

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have multiple sources i keep in touch with still @ Sprint (used to work for them for many many years).

Each of them have indicated to me in one form or another that Sprint will make their announcement some time in March of the G-Nex's actual launch date.

I'm feeling April at this point. Allows Q2 to roll into the picture, which is exactly the time frame LTE is suppose to go public. Doesn't mean April for sure, since Q2 runs through end of June, however, after their quarterly announcement, and now bringing 2 more LTE markets for initial roll out, seems like they want to get this ball rolling as fast as they can. They really need to at this point.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
That is very good information and makes alot of sense.
Keep us in the loop on any further developments.
Thanks. :)

Mav. :cool:

P.S. What are the additional markets that they are rolling the LTE out to?

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The sooner this phone comes out, the better. No sense in keeping this phone under wraps for too long, especially if Sprint gets the SGS3 because that phone alone could kill the sales of the GNex. All we can do iat this point is hope for a release real soon.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I really not worried about other LTE phones closing the door on the GN from Sprint. You will have your crowd that goes with the carrier/manufacture branded devices and then the other half will go with Pure Google...

Either way, its coming to Sprint and at this point Sprint knows it will sell regardless of whatever other LTE phones they push out on Sprint.

I actually am thankful for a little bit of a wait, let Verizon and all the other carriers world wide be the beta testers and work out the initial bugs that way by the time Sprint releases, its less headaches for the consumers.

Gtronic

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
:(

Unless the GN from Sprint is the GN Plus I might have to skip this phone. I am not sure how excited I will be getting the same phone that was released 4 months earlier.

Fingers crossed HTC is dropping a new LTE phone on Sprint this year.

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
April would be great since i'm upgrade eligible April 1! Right now the gnex is my phone to be. After MWC....... who knows, we will see. If they sit on this phone until June it will really hurt sales because of the phones on the way. Announcements about phones at the end of this month may change a lot of gnex fans minds.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The sooner this phone comes out, the better. No sense in keeping this phone under wraps for too long, especially if Sprint gets the SGS3 because that phone alone could kill the sales of the GNex. All we can do iat this point is hope for a release real soon.

Doesn't the galaxy s line always come out abroad well in advance of the states?

Phone's have already become your favorite flavor of ice cream anyhow, your going to buy a phone that you want specifically, and you don't always share the taste of another.

As far as the carrier is concerned, its all about the contracts. Only the phone manufactures care that Model 'A' sells

Carrier wins no matter what device is sold.

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone familiar with the workings of a new phone coming to a carrier? What I mean is it seems Verizon paid Google x amount of dollars to get the gnex for x amount of time. Sprint apparently makes a deal with Google to get the gnex after the former contract is up. Does this mean Sprint agrees to not say anything about a release date until Google will let them? Or is Sprint just waiting to say when the date is on their own?

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone familiar with the workings of a new phone coming to a carrier? What I mean is it seems Verizon paid Google x amount of dollars to get the gnex for x amount of time. Sprint apparently makes a deal with Google to get the gnex after the former contract is up. Does this mean Sprint agrees to not say anything about a release date until Google will let them? Or is Sprint just waiting to say when the date is on their own?

#1 you left Samsung completely out of this topic

#2 I strongly believe there isn't a single person on this board that can answer this question, rather we will see many personal opinions instead of fact.

Your main question is really the #1 industry question out there, and I've never seen any FACTS to point to a proper answer.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
April would be great since i'm upgrade eligible April 1! Right now the gnex is my phone to be. After MWC....... who knows, we will see. If they sit on this phone until June it will really hurt sales because of the phones on the way. Announcements about phones at the end of this month may change a lot of gnex fans minds.

It won't hurt sales.

This is a global device, it's already on Big Red, and sprint only has 33 million post paid subscribers.

Now axe how many people use android out of that, now axe how many people care about the pure google experience, now axe how many people are ready for and upgrade out of the already axed percentage.

If anything, the Sprint Galaxy Nexus will simply be boost to existing sales.

You gotta look @ the big picture, and then keep narrowing it down. If i were to say 1% equals the total amount of Sprint subscribers with a Galaxy Nexus(once it gets moving along), i may be grossly over the actual amount...

ilaifire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Now axe[sic] how many people use android out of that, now axe[sic] how many people care about the pure google experience, now axe[sic] how many people are ready for and[sic] upgrade out of the already axed[sic] percentage.

An "axe" is noun which is a tool or weapon consisting of a sharp metal wedge on the end of a handle, "ask" is a verb meaning the same thing as "to inquire" or "to put to the question".

Let us replace the tool consisting of a sharp metal wedge on the end of a handle with a tool consisting of a blunt lump of metal on the end of a handle (replace "axe" with "hammer") and this is what you said:

Now hammer how many people use android out of that, now hammer how many people care about the pure google experience, now hammer how many people are ready for and upgrade out of the already hammered percentage.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Announced in April probably released in May, just like the Nexus S 4g.

That would be cool. The only definite date I have is my upgrade which is not until 09/01/12.
I went geeky and got a free countdown app that I have on my front screen.
That is 201 days away. :'(

I have heard that the Verizon version of the Galaxy Nexus price is really dropping so I am interested to see what Sprint asks for it when it does get released.

Still hoping and waiting.

Mav. :cool:

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a relative who is a marketer/beta tester for sprint, and he is getting his sgn to play with "In about a week". He typically gets a new phone 1-2 months before it is released

Gtronic

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
NICE! This sounds more promising than the usual “I talked to a guy at the sprint kiosk at the mall” rumor! Giddy up!

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
So did we all decide the SPH-L700 is the Sprint Galaxy Nexus? I took a brief look around, didn't see any posts related to the recent WiFi certification of this model. I like the dual band specs, just got myself a dual band router last fall.

Thoughts?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae