Galaxy Nexus>Htc One X!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
@harold42483
Get the Nexus for the Nexus experience. I went from a sense device to a nexus and love it. It sounds a bit like you are pushing to validate your decision. You are basing things on one site's opinion based on the links you posted. If you read Phil's reviews on this site he has a differing opinion on the camera between the two. The review you posted also is comparing a phone that has more mature software vs one that is just hitting the market so there are more potential for bugs/"glitches" that need to be ironed out with software updates.

Reactions: harold42483

AceBoonKoon

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Why doesn't anyone mention the fact that the Nexus's memory can be used completely for apps where as the HTC One X cannot? Is this a non factor for most people? I switched from the OG DINC to iphone for this alone. Only having 764mb for apps on the DINC was a no go for me. Where as the iphone can use the entire memory for apps. This is the same with the Nexus and not with the HTC One X. Therefore the Nexus is by far the phone of choice IMO.

Reactions: harold42483

AceBoonKoon

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Another thing since ICS is doing away with apps to SD then why would ANY NEW phone shipping with ICS NOT offer the full amount of memory to use in any way a person wants? In addition most of these new phones coming out are shipping without an SD card slot so this makes the point even greater. This makes the Nexus > HTC One X.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Another thing since ICS is doing away with apps to SD then why would ANY NEW phone shipping with ICS NOT offer the full amount of memory to use in any way a person wants? In addition most of these new phones coming out are shipping without an SD card slot so this makes the point even greater. This makes the Nexus > HTC One X.

How is ICS doing away with apps to SD? My Nexus S 4G still allows apps that support apps2sd to be moved to the sd partition on ICS. Not that I don't agree that just having all the space available for apps is the better solution.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Something I noticed from the video is that the one x has like 3 bars of wifi while the nexus has 1. Hopefully that was a fluke and the wifi radio doesn't suck....like it does on the Nexus s.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

where did get that info abt ics won't allow app2sd? working fine with my ns4g. the evo 4g lte does have a sd slot so according to your logic, then evo 4g lte > nexus? not here to argue, personally i can't decide which phone to get. love pure ics, but also love the evo 4g lte spec. plus, i personally (my opinion) love the htc camera, camera software, the shutter button, and t9 dialer. o, how i miss t9 dialer, i am surprise how not many ppl complain about the lack of t9 dialer on the nexus.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
where did get that info abt ics won't allow app2sd? working fine with my ns4g. the evo 4g lte does have a sd slot so according to your logic, then evo 4g lte > nexus? not here to argue, personally i can't decide which phone to get. love pure ics, but also love the evo 4g lte spec. plus, i personally (my opinion) love the htc camera, camera software, the shutter button, and t9 dialer. o, how i miss t9 dialer, i am surprise how not many ppl complain about the lack of t9 dialer on the nexus.

Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat. I go back and forth between these two phones. I really don't think it's as clear cut which is a "better" phone. There definitely are pros and cons to either and depending on each persons' priorities, that's really makes up which one would come out on top. I honestly think the most productive talk for a person is discussing and learning the weaknesses of the phone they plan to get.

In a lot of ways I'm thinking maybe I should just stick to my ns4g but I've got my last yearly upgrade with Sprint burning a hole in my pocket. Decisions, decisions....

AceBoonKoon

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just to clear things up. I read that (ICS doing away with app2sd) somewhere? Can't remember. So disregard my previous post if it is in fact untrue. Sorry for the mixup.

I think you guys are missing my point. The fact that 99% of Android devices (Besides the Nexus) do not allow you to use the entire available memory for apps is down right crazy. To have all that memory and only be allowed to use a certain partitioned portion isn't talked about enough. People need to be made aware of the fact that though they just bought a 32GB model of some phone their only allowed to put 2Gb of apps on it. It's deceiving for consumers. That's the whole reason I'm leaning towards the Nexus for this fact alone.

The SD card deal is a whole different issue. Crashes, formatting, failures, etc. I WILL NOT own another phone that uses SD cards. Yes I used the high end SD cards for my DINC and still had problems. To me losing your entire data due to an SD card failure is inexcusable.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat. I go back and forth between these two phones. I really don't think it's as clear cut which is a "better" phone. There definitely are pros and cons to either and depending on each persons' priorities, that's really makes up which one would come out on top. I honestly think the most productive talk for a person is discussing and learning the weaknesses of the phone they plan to get.

In a lot of ways I'm thinking maybe I should just stick to my ns4g but I've got my last yearly upgrade with Sprint burning a hole in my pocket. Decisions, decisions....

haha yeah, i think i a going to go w/ the nexus first, and maybe sell it when the evo comes out. i am a total phone whore. haha.

AceBoonKoon

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

I loved the t9 dialer on my DINC. lol But to answer your question. No I don't think the evo 4g>Nexus because of the sd card slot. I had SOOOO many problems with my SD card when I had the DINC. So has anyone I've known that has had an Android phone that uses SD cards. I loved the DINC but I couldn't get past the constant failure of my SD card. I think that HTC has a far superior build quality than Samsung and I love the way Sense 4.0 integrates ICS but that being said the whole "partitioned memory for apps" thing is a no go for me. Just my humble opinion.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Just to clear things up. I read that (ICS doing away with app2sd) somewhere? Can't remember. So disregard my previous post if it is in fact untrue. Sorry for the mixup.

I think you guys are missing my point. The fact that 99% of Android devices (Besides the Nexus) do not allow you to use the entire available memory for apps is down right crazy. To have all that memory and only be allowed to use a certain partitioned portion isn't talked about enough. People need to be made aware of the fact that though they just bought a 32GB model of some phone their only allowed to put 2Gb of apps on it. It's deceiving for consumers. That's the whole reason I'm leaning towards the Nexus for this fact alone.

The SD card deal is a whole different issue. Crashes, formatting, failures, etc. I WILL NOT own another phone that uses SD cards. Yes I used the high end SD cards for my DINC and still had problems. To me losing your entire data due to an SD card failure is inexcusable.

i see what you mean now. yes, i do agree that other companies need to look into allowing app to be installed into the rest of the memory spaces. obviously this can be done as we see on the galaxy nexus. app2sd is still annoying and not every app utitlize it yet. this is esp true w/ widget and suprisingly most of google own apps. i personally wish i don't have to wory about going into setting and move each ind app to the sd card.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
2gigs is still a lot of space to install apps onto. For some users that isn't necessarily limiting depending on usage.

neoenigma

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
HOLD THE PHONE. So someone does a review that says the Gnex is better than the OneX... and you people just take their opinion as fact?

The Androidcentral guys (yeah, the site you're on now) have been saying that the OneX beats the Gnex overall. Shouldn't their word be taken over this video's?

Anyways, it really doesn't matter what a review says. I think it should come down to your personal tastes. Naturally this is the GNex section of the forums so... there's some bias. But I think the OneX is the most beautiful looking phone I've ever seen... and I'd feel pretty darn special to actually own one (but alas... waiting for it to come to my carrier).

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Nexus GSM version (imported from the UK). I just picked up the One X (International Model - imported from the UK), and this phone is pretty amazing. It is well thought through, and there are no "I wish they had done that or this" things I could find. The screen is incredible. It's good to see HTC come back with a fantastic phone. I always liked my old N1.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
HOLD THE PHONE. So someone does a review that says the Gnex is better than the OneX... and you people just take their opinion as fact?

The Androidcentral guys (yeah, the site you're on now) have been saying that the OneX beats the Gnex overall. Shouldn't their word be taken over this video's?

Anyways, it really doesn't matter what a review says. I think it should come down to your personal tastes. Naturally this is the GNex section of the forums so... there's some bias. But I think the OneX is the most beautiful looking phone I've ever seen... and I'd feel pretty darn special to actually own one (but alas... waiting for it to come to my carrier).

No its not meant to be taken as a fact is meant to be taken as an opinion. Anyone who does so is just silly.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
But how is that limiting if you've been able to install that much on your present device? With the One X, you can still move apps to the sd partition of memory.

It's limiting If you have a one X, I'm using my motorola xoom with ICS 4.0.4 and your storage isn't partitioned, you free to use as much storage for apps as possible. Just like the nexus.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It's limiting If you have a one X, I'm using my motorola xoom with ICS 4.0.4 and your storage isn't partitioned, you free to use as much storage for apps as possible. Just like the nexus.

The One X has 32gb of storage and ICS support apps2sd on phones, so a lot of app space can be put on the sd partition. So really one has just about the same amount of space for apps on either the galaxy nexus or the One X, they just accomplish it in different ways.

Yes, the sprint version will be a little more limited given it has 16gb of builtin storage (but since this is about the One X in general)

Last edited: