Galaxy Nexus>Htc One X!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Huh.

Still, that One X makes my heart swell with awe, warmth, and kindness like nothing since...seeing the GN debuted. lol

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Great to see HTC step up that game i am happy for potential and current sprint customers. I am proud of my GALAXY NEXUS on Verizon and it's the gold standard of android. Compare it to the states dualcore models not this quadcore uk verison. Regardless GALAXY NEXUS and 4.0 ICS rules HTC

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
One of my least favorite things about android. As soon as a new phone comes out, people who bought a different phone beforehand must rally in hate and derision against the newcomer. Can't you simply enjoy the phone in your pocket (or the one that you really want) for what it is?

mbeattie62300

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
HTC puts out top notch hardware. Ive owned many a' HTC device in the past but one day stock Android on a Nexus took over my idea of what an Android phone shoupd be and ipl never look back. Anyone truly looking to tinker and learn Android inside and out should consider a Nexus to be the ultimate even if it may not be.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Great to see HTC step up that game i am happy for potential and current sprint customers. I am proud of my GALAXY NEXUS on Verizon and it's the gold standard of android. Compare it to the states dualcore models not this quadcore uk verison. Regardless GALAXY NEXUS and 4.0 ICS rules HTC

Right on!

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
One of my least favorite things about android. As soon as a new phone comes out, people who bought a different phone beforehand must rally in hate and derision against the newcomer. Can't you simply enjoy the phone in your pocket (or the one that you really want) for what it is?

Actually the nexus hasn't been released yet for Sprint. But thanks for you 2¢

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
HTC puts out top notch hardware. Ive owned many a' HTC device in the past but one day stock Android on a Nexus took over my idea of what an Android phone shoupd be and ipl never look back. Anyone truly looking to tinker and learn Android inside and out should consider a Nexus to be the ultimate even if it may not be.

I wouldn't say the best hardware. I have the evo 3D. It lags hard, has a horrible camera, I'm plagued with constant restarts, my screen becomes unresponsive at times at which I must kill the screen and unlock again to use my phone. Not to mention that the screen is qhd and a lot of apps are all out of place and not centered. I'm tired of htc's poor execution. It gunna be a nexus for me

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I had a Sensation for a short time while my Nexus S was getting warranty repairs. They are very nice phones, from physical construction down to the Sense inside. If I never planned on rooting, I might have gone HTC. But I love heavy customization, and nothing does that like a Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Like it's always been htc sense slows the phone down. Just check out the review even the browser is wacked

If by slow you mean 'beating the pants off every phone on the planet' then you might be right. The browser thing is a bug. Just like some of the many the nexus has.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say the best hardware. I have the evo 3D. It lags hard, has a horrible camera, I'm plagued with constant restarts, my screen becomes unresponsive at times at which I must kill the screen and unlock again to use my phone. Not to mention that the screen is qhd and a lot of apps are all out of place and not centered. I'm tired of htc's poor execution. It gunna be a nexus for me

You must not have read any of the OneX reviews if you think that it is in any way related to the crap that is HTCs previous generation lineup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

uansari1

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

First off, no one said HTC puts out the "best" hardware. They do use "top notch" hardware, however, as the person to whom you're replying stated.

This entire thread is a waste of server space...it's not worth the CO2 it's causing to be spit into our atmosphere. I'm a Nexus fan myself... I've had a G1, N1, and now Nexus S. I was all about getting the GNex, but the reality is that the international, unbranded One X is a quad-core BEAST. Compared to the GNex it's got a better processor, better screen, better camera, and most other hardware is comparable to if not slightly better than the GNex. This isn't something to be fanboyish about...it's just the reality of tech. The GNex was released MONTHS ago.

The only thing GNex has that I would like to see on the One X is vanilla Android...but that's something that can hopefully come with rooting and custom ROMs. I'm holding off on any purchase till then.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
This thread reeks of One X envy. But like someone else already said, its the nature of the Android beast. New phone comes out, then people rush to make a case for why their current phone is better. I'm sure I'll be no different when something better comes along after the Evo 4G LTE. At this point, the only way to stay on top of the Android game is to have lines with every carrier and to have quarterly upgrades, ha!

Reactions: mykrlz182 and jroc

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
This thread reeks of One X envy. But like someone else already said, its the nature of the Android beast. New phone comes out, then people rush to make a case for why their current phone is better. I'm sure I'll be no different when something better comes along after the Evo 4G LTE. At this point, the only way to stay on top of the Android game is to have lines with every carrier and to have quarterly upgrades, ha!

That last statement is the truest thing I've ever seen uttered on an Android forum lol.

Reactions: jroc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech