[Official] April 22, $199, preorder now

Gtronic

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about pre-prder. I am moving from OR to CA on Saturday. Crapping timing i know. Could I pre-order and have it sent to the store?

I plan on calling the store next to our new place and see what they can do for me. If no pre-order I'll just sit outside the store for 30mins before it opens.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about pre-prder. I am moving from OR to CA on Saturday. Crapping timing i know. Could I pre-order and have it sent to the store?

I plan on calling the store next to our new place and see what they can do for me. If no pre-order I'll just sit outside the store for 30mins before it opens.

If a store places the order, it can ship to the store. If you place the order, it will go to your billing address.

Contact the store, have them place the per-order for you.

anon28322

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If I preorder online what does the final cost end up being? (I think Sprint waives the activation fee). Also I've never upgraded my phone from online, is there any hassle to it, or pretty painless? Thanks!

jeffgingras

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else catch this:

Special offer: Purchase and activate a Galaxy Nexus by 5/22, activate Google Wallet within 7 days, and get $50 in Google Wallet credits.

Get $50 in your Google Wallet
Terms and conditions: Upon successful activation of Google Wallet on your Galaxy Nexus within seven days of purchase during promotional period of 4/22-5/22 (also includes devices pre-ordered before 4/22), there will be a $10 credit added to your Google Wallet prepaid card. Additional $40 credit will be added to your Google Wallet prepaid card within three weeks of Google Wallet activation. To see where your Google Wallet prepaid card will work, please go to Google Wallet - where it works. For more questions or inquiries about this offer please call: 855-492-5538.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
If I preorder online what does the final cost end up being? (I think Sprint waives the activation fee). Also I've never upgraded my phone from online, is there any hassle to it, or pretty painless? Thanks!

It clearly states all of this information when you processing the order....

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else catch this:

Special offer: Purchase and activate a Galaxy Nexus by 5/22, activate Google Wallet within 7 days, and get $50 in Google Wallet credits.

Get $50 in your Google Wallet
Terms and conditions: Upon successful activation of Google Wallet on your Galaxy Nexus within seven days of purchase during promotional period of 4/22-5/22 (also includes devices pre-ordered before 4/22), there will be a $10 credit added to your Google Wallet prepaid card. Additional $40 credit will be added to your Google Wallet prepaid card within three weeks of Google Wallet activation. To see where your Google Wallet prepaid card will work, please go to Google Wallet - where it works. For more questions or inquiries about this offer please call: 855-492-5538.

yes, it's plastered all over the pre-order page...

grimduk

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
So Is it known if the sprint version is going to be free of sprint bloat ware? or is it going to be the same as the Verizon one?

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon GNex has 2 carrier apps pre installed and one of them can be disabled. The other is Backup Assistance which is a good app to have. My complaint is what they block, ie. Google Wallet.

Last edited:

gunderson

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So Is it known if the sprint version is going to be free of sprint bloat ware? or is it going to be the same as the Verizon one?

The Sprint specification page shows that, like the Nexus S 4G, the GNEX will not have access to Sprint ID, Sprint Telenav navigation, or any of the Sprint NFL, NBA, et al apps.
The only two items of note that Sprint had altered on the NS4G were the 160 character text message limit, and pay for hotspot usage. Of course there was the addition of Google Wallet. I am optimistic that the GNEX will be setup in the same fashion. In other words, even less crap than the Verizon version.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The Sprint specification page shows that, like the Nexus S 4G, the GNEX will not have access to Sprint ID, Sprint Telenav navigation, or any of the Sprint NFL, NBA, et al apps.
The only two items of note that Sprint had altered on the NS4G were the 160 character text message limit, and pay for hotspot usage. Of course there was the addition of Google Wallet. I am optimistic that the GNEX will be setup in the same fashion. In other words, even less crap than the Verizon version.

I thought all those apps could be downloaded from the play store? Not that I ever needed them

gunderson

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought all those apps could be downloaded from the play store? Not that I ever needed them

You are right, I mispoke. Should have said they don't come pre-installed. I never did find Sprint ID in the market, I think that may need to be pre-installed, though.

sacgsxr

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As much as I want this phone I don't have LTE in my area. Currently get 4G via Wimax on my og EVO. Looks like I'm stuck with the EVO for a while.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss