Best Buy Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Grolley

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ahh. LOL. Sorry. I was actually quite surprised. I was at my local sprint store about to buy the one they got in stock, then I get a phone call saying that an email just came in from Best Buy saying your phone is ready for pick up. I didn't realize I was capable of moving that fast.

soonerfreak

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm counting on BB to come thru for me when the EVO LTE is released, especially if they still have the trade in offer for the OG EVO. If the Sprint GNex is any indication, then I might have to go thru Newegg or Wirefly, but I want this phone in my hands by the 20th if it is indeed released on the 18th.

Regardless, I will still shop at BB because it is the only electronics store that is reliable in my area.

The trade in offer will be done by then. The ads in the store say it just runs through the 5th. You could gamble and buy say a SGS2 right now and return it within the 30 days and hope it hits the rumored may 18 th release date. Since this will be coming out after the trade in deal is done I have to wonder if the super bowl gift card is even worth dealing with best buy on and I should just pre-order through sprint. Because of my families Instincts and the problems my parents have had with their Epic 4Gs we have become "regulars" at our local sprint store lol, they should be willing to make sure I get my evo as long as I pre-order on the 7th.

Outcomer

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
The Best Buy Mobile lady wasn't even aware of the memo I saw until that day, so we both sat down and read it together. I saw specifically that the memo said what others have said:

1. April 25th was the day the pre-orders were supposed to arrive at stores.
2. After April 25th, NO OTHER shipments to the stores would occur BESIDES "Ship to Store from online purchases".
3. With that in mind, it reiterated that Best Buy as a company would not be stocking the Galaxy Nexus LTE at the store level.

I keep seeing everyone say they are going to Sprint to get this phone... Why not Newegg? I literally ordered at like 2 am this morning and my order has already been shipped and will be here by 3 pm tomorrow... plus I only paid $149.

soonerfreak

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The Best Buy Mobile lady wasn't even aware of the memo I saw until that day, so we both sat down and read it together. I saw specifically that the memo said what others have said:

1. April 25th was the day the pre-orders were supposed to arrive at stores.
2. After April 25th, NO OTHER shipments to the stores would occur BESIDES "Ship to Store from online purchases".
3. With that in mind, it reiterated that Best Buy as a company would not be stocking the Galaxy Nexus LTE at the store level.

I keep seeing everyone say they are going to Sprint to get this phone... Why not Newegg? I literally ordered at like 2 am this morning and my order has already been shipped and will be here by 3 pm tomorrow... plus I only paid $149.

When you order from a website like that, do they come activated on the line? I have never bought one outside the shop before. I ask because I am using my Dads upgrade to put the phone on my line.Seeing that I could put a $70 credit on my sprint account(EVO trade in) plus saving 50 on the phone through wirefly/newegg has me leaning back towards the Nexus. Yeah I've been really flip floppy which is killing me lol. I didn't go through this at all when I got my Samsung Instinct and then OG EVO.

gunderson

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Picked up my GNex from Best Buy Tonight too. Pre ordered Sunday morning(launch day). Great upgrade from NS4G, although both run great on 4.0.4. Hope everyone gets theirs soon too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fountain_swfl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my GNex from Best Buy Tonight too. Pre ordered Sunday morning(launch day). Great upgrade from NS4G, although both run great on 4.0.4. Hope everyone gets theirs soon too.

Lucky!!! Ordered mine on launch day at the store and it's still MIA. I'm beginning to wonder if the GS4 will be out by the time I get it. :)

fountain_swfl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Finally gave up on Best Buy. Cancelled my Best Buy Order and purchased directly from Sprint (they had the lowest full retail price). I'll just use my Buy Back credit from Best Buy for something else. <evil laugh> :)

Gotta love how it pulled virtually all of the settings I had on my ASUS Tablet running 4.0 including all of the WiFi networks. Didn't know it would do that.

Outcomer

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't come pre-activated from Newegg... which seems to be a problem... I can't get Sprint to activate it... Sprint keeps saying that I have to change my plan to a NON-family plan... What the heck???? So now you can't use family plans with the Galaxy Nexus? I have the everything data plan and they say it isn't compatible. Now I can't even use the phone. It keeps saying I'll have to pay the $10 extra and change my plan to a lower minute single user plan... well I already pay the $10 extra fee for the Nexus S! Way to go Sprint!

EDIT: It seems this is a known issue with the website and supposedly if you call them they can manually do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: soonerfreak

soonerfreak

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't come pre-activated from Newegg... which seems to be a problem... I can't get Sprint to activate it... Sprint keeps saying that I have to change my plan to a NON-family plan... What the heck???? So now you can't use family plans with the Galaxy Nexus? I have the everything data plan and they say it isn't compatible. Now I can't even use the phone. It keeps saying I'll have to pay the $10 extra and change my plan to a lower minute single user plan... well I already pay the $10 extra fee for the Nexus S! Way to go Sprint!

EDIT: It seems this is a known issue with the website and supposedly if you call them they can manually do it.

Good, looks like I am ordering from newegg next week. Free overnight shipping is awesome.

Outcomer

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
When you order from Newegg, you'll see that there is a sheet of paper in the shipping container that says not to activate using the Sprint customer service number or the Sprint website... I completely ignored this and activated using Sprint with no problems... No clue why they said that... but I used the Sprint customer service number to activate it since they were open later than Newegg... Even when I called during the normal business hours for activation, Newegg told me that the activation people had gone home (wth?)...

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
When you order from Newegg, you'll see that there is a sheet of paper in the shipping container that says not to activate using the Sprint customer service number or the Sprint website... I completely ignored this and activated using Sprint with no problems... No clue why they said that... but I used the Sprint customer service number to activate it since they were open later than Newegg... Even when I called during the normal business hours for activation, Newegg told me that the activation people had gone home (wth?)...

Might i ask why you completely ignored this?? You better watch your credit card statement like a friggen HAWK.

Has nothing to do with having any 'issues' getting the device activated.

Has everything to do with the PRICE you paid for the device.

When you order via 3rd party, the subsidy is applied under the condition of your term of service. Your term of service is created when the 3rd Party Activates your phone!

If the 3rd party doesn't activate your phone, the 3rd party doesn't get credit for the sale, and thus doesn't get the carrier commission, and thus your subsidy is revoked!

I would highly advise you contacting new egg, and telling them what has occurred in order to save your ass.

If newegg doesn't get carrier credit for your activation, they will charge you the difference of what you paid, to recoup the no contract price....

Have fun!

jmiles3010

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Might i ask why you completely ignored this?? You better watch your credit card statement like a friggen HAWK.

Has nothing to do with having any 'issues' getting the device activated.

Has everything to do with the PRICE you paid for the device.

When you order via 3rd party, the subsidy is applied under the condition of your term of service. Your term of service is created when the 3rd Party Activates your phone!

If the 3rd party doesn't activate your phone, the 3rd party doesn't get credit for the sale, and thus doesn't get the carrier commission, and thus your subsidy is revoked!

I would highly advise you contacting new egg, and telling them what has occurred in order to save your ass.

If newegg doesn't get carrier credit for your activation, they will charge you the difference of what you paid, to recoup the no contract price....

Have fun!

100% true and great advice. I work at a store and we can't flip flop lines for that reason.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I had to upgrade my phone back in late December due to my hero taking a dump on me. Although I am happy with the Epic 4G Touch, reading everyone talking about their G-Nexus is making me a bit jealous :p

soonerfreak

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here ever do a phone return with Best Buy? Since I want to trade in my EVO I am thinking of trying to find a gnex from them this weekend but if i can't find one just buying a GS2 or for s a ip4s and then just checking back with them over 30 days to return for a gnex or the evo should it come out on the 18th and I change my mind. Are these returns pretty no hassle as long as I bring everything back that was in the box and the phone is undamaged?

gunderson

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here ever do a phone return with Best Buy? Since I want to trade in my EVO I am thinking of trying to find a gnex from them this weekend but if i can't find one just buying a GS2 or for s a ip4s and then just checking back with them over 30 days to return for a gnex or the evo should it come out on the 18th and I change my mind. Are these returns pretty no hassle as long as I bring everything back that was in the box and the phone is undamaged?

Best buy is really good about the phone returns/exchanges, that's part of their policy: 30 day exchanges with no restocking fee (carriers usually have $35 restocking fee). What they would not be happy with is if you go in with the intention of just getting a temporary phone for a few weeks then swapping it out once they get another device in stock. Your call.

soonerfreak

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nothing like a best buy committed to service. Had my mom go into the one in my hometown(Frisco) and they would stack all the trade ins(one in Norman said no) and would hold a Nexus for me till Friday as they had some in stock today. I just don't understand why I even try to deal with smaller area best buys, though the one her handled the dark souls pre-order issue well.

soonerfreak

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know why BB isn't getting anymore of these?

Well I think stock is still somewhat low so sprint might be hoarding it. Also some of the bigger best buy stores might still be getting one. Example, the one by my college in Norman had map idea when they could get one. The one by my home in Frisco(north Dallas) was getting shipments and was awesome and held one for me a few days till I could drive down on the weekend and buy it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89