Sprint Galaxy Nexus - Where to Buy?

Sigvid

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm screwed. I bought an e4gt on April first when I had my upgrade available so I could give my wife my e3d. She had a second gen instinct and wouldnt hold a charge. I went to BB yesterday and did a pre order to exchange my phone for it when they got them in. The part that sucks is I only have 8 days before I'm stuck with my e4gt until my wifes line is due for an upgrade the first of July.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
so just got my nexus. so glad i went to the corporate strore instead of purchasing from any other place. they bought my evo 4g back for $70. really surprised it was that high. plus the rep told me, since i am doing the buy back program during my upgrade, sprint will give me an additional $50 credit to my bill. total came out to be $142. plus $50 service credit, plus $50 google wallet promotion. this just made my day. :)

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Didn't want a Nexus but I went to Best Buy, Radio Shack, Sams Club, and a Sprint concession stand and they either didn't have the phone yet or it was on back order.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
so just got my nexus. so glad i went to the corporate strore instead of purchasing from any other place. they bought my evo 4g back for $70. really surprised it was that high. plus the rep told me, since i am doing the buy back program during my upgrade, sprint will give me an additional $50 credit to my bill.

Fyi...Hopefully you activated a new line because the $50 bonus on the trade in is fine printed as new lines only.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Last edited:

Eclectech

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
o really? o well, that's fine if I don't get it. I was happy my evo got me 70.

Hey the sprint guy didn't tell me this, I bought a gnex today (new line) and I had traded in my old epic 4g yesterday. Will I still be able to get the service credit? Does anyone have a link to the t&c cause it would really suck, if I should have waited till today to trade in.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey the sprint guy didn't tell me this, I bought a gnex today (new line) and I had traded in my old epic 4g yesterday. Will I still be able to get the service credit? Does anyone have a link to the t&c cause it would really suck, if I should have waited till today to trade in.

yeah, i didn't know either, but someone just told me the credit is for new line only. o well, if i get it, it will be a nice bonus, if not then o well.

btw, did anyone else got forced into getting the protection plan for your phone? I was forced to, the rep said the nexus is a premium phone and i have to have protection plan. he told me to just call customer service later and cancel it later. i think he did it just so he can get a sale. whatever, he was pretty nice, so i didn't bother to argue with him.

anon28322

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My sprint has them in stock... I'm tempted to go down there and get it now. Though I called Radioshack, and they assured me they would be getting shipments in stock by Thursday. Now I'm tempted to wait for the $149.99 price tag :)

Errr. though I guess Radioshack will be selling it for $199. Maybe I'll go down and get it from sprint... lol

Last edited:

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
My sprint has them in stock... I'm tempted to go down there and get it now. Though I called Radioshack, and they assured me they would be getting shipments in stock by Thursday. Now I'm tempted to wait for the $149.99 price tag :)

Errr. though I guess Radioshack will be selling it for $199. Maybe I'll go down and get it from sprint... lol

i was waiting for the 149 price too, but sprint gave me $70 for my half broken evo 4g. so i ended up getting a better price then any other place would. plus i got the phone now instead of waiting for another week.

dschoenike

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i didn't know either, but someone just told me the credit is for new line only. o well, if i get it, it will be a nice bonus, if not then o well.

btw, did anyone else got forced into getting the protection plan for your phone? I was forced to, the rep said the nexus is a premium phone and i have to have protection plan. he told me to just call customer service later and cancel it later. i think he did it just so he can get a sale. whatever, he was pretty nice, so i didn't bother to argue with him.

for real? I was planning on canceling my tep when I get the nexus. ill just keep my evo as a backup instead of the new $11 TEP. Sucks if they make you get it :( thanks for the heads up.
dschoenike

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
almost 0% chance protection is required for your Nexus. Yes, he was just giving himself a sale. Its a shame these employees misinform/deceive so much.

-Enkidu-

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
jlo8720, lemme know if you find any here in Austin & I will do the same. I checked the store near W 5th & Lynn Sunday & the one on 12901 N 35 today. Interestingly, the rep on Sunday stated they will not carry any until they get LTE here (which he said would be before June) & the one up North stated they should receive some soon & will allow you to "pre-order" one (meaning when they receive them they will pass them on to those who reserved one in order) with $50 down & a contract renewal.

Last edited:

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
for real? I was planning on canceling my tep when I get the nexus. ill just keep my evo as a backup instead of the new $11 TEP. Sucks if they make you get it :( thanks for the heads up.
dschoenike

the rep said i can cancel it right away. so i am guessing he just wanted a sale. I am calling sprint tonight to cancel it.

Reactions: dschoenike

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo