Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Nice. Buying mine from new egg after work. Unless dude can tell me a horror story that can scare me away

Default Re: Sprint Galaxy Nexus - Where to Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by P. Doeboy View Post
    What exactly was your nightmare with wirefly all about?
    I placed order on line, all confirmed by the "carrier" an hour later email to call. Called they need to verify more info. Call and done, the next day get an email to call they need MORE info. Call done. A few hours later get an .....yup email to call , this time I am told I need a 100.00 deposit to add a line to my 7 year ish old Sprint account. ( currently not on a spending limit and never was) I call Sprint they all but say Wire Fly is full of it. Call and speak with 3x people and no one understands what I am saying all keep saying 100 depo and were rude and not grasping English. I finally cancel the order. Called Letstalk and 2 business later and NO depo I have the phone. With my referral you can get it for less with a 25.00 discount from me.

"dude"

James

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jmiles3010 View Post
    I placed order on line, all confirmed by the "carrier" an hour later email to call. Called they need to verify more info. Call and done, the next day get an email to call they need MORE info. Call done. A few hours later get an .....yup email to call , this time I am told I need a 100.00 deposit to add a line to my 7 year ish old Sprint account. ( currently not on a spending limit and never was) I call Sprint they all but say Wire Fly is full of it. Call and speak with 3x people and no one understands what I am saying all keep saying 100 depo and were rude and not grasping English. I finally cancel the order. Called Letstalk and 2 business later and NO depo I have the phone. With my referral you can get it for less with a 25.00 discount from me.

"dude"

James
    Daaang. Didn't think you'd actually scare me away, but it looks like I may be shopping elsewhere. My main reason for considering Newegg vs the other sites that offer the phone for the same price is their extended warranty plan (which covers accidental damage -I'm brutal on my phones). Here's hoping matt3925 chimes in to say Newegg (Wirefly shell?) held his hand the entire way..

Your $25 referral offer is most appreciated, but since I'd be upgrading one of the lines (not primary) in my family plan, I don't think the final price will beat doing business with Costco. I'm gonna have to skim back through the thread and/or wait to hear some Coscto feedback.

Thanks again, dude.

How are you liking that Nexus btw.. Is it everything I'm dreaming of?

Yes and more. Google wallet and pure android!!!!! Still curious what wirefly was going to do with the extra 100.00 lol And letstalk customer service is in the U.S.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

the company that takes care of newegg and wirefly's phone orders is ran by a bunch of idiots for sure. however, they did ship it out next day.

i was upgrading 2 lines and all i had to do was call in and verify my PIN.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #157  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by I-can't-believe-I-fricken-use-Android View Post
    added, thx.

I'm a bit disappointed on the pricing though, but i guess if the competition is the same, no reason to lower the price just yet. Maybe they will do a memorial day special or something.
    To Each His Own

LG G2 D800 Unlocked (AT&T)
    Rooted Android 4.2.2

HTC One 32GB Black (AT&T)
    - Full RUU Converted to Google Edition - [OTA's Work]
    - Android 4.3 Rooted - Unlocked -
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #158  

ROM
    Stock

so which vendor will be the first to go down to $99?????

I'm getting ansy ...
    To Each His Own

LG G2 D800 Unlocked (AT&T)
    Rooted Android 4.2.2

HTC One 32GB Black (AT&T)
    - Full RUU Converted to Google Edition - [OTA's Work]
    - Android 4.3 Rooted - Unlocked -

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalSammich View Post
    so which vendor will be the first to go down to $99?????

I'm getting ansy ...
    I think wirefly or amazon, though I doubt we would see that price till after the EVO LTE ships.

I got mine from a Corporate Sprint store last Friday, they bought back my nexus s 4g for $70. I had to wait like 3 days for them to order one in though, all in all it was like $138 with tax and that oh so great activation fee looming at the end of the month.

oh well, extremely happy with the phone
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567