Camera as bad as verizon people/reviews said it is?

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The camera seems to be the one thing holding back me getting this phone, as I always read the verizons camera isnt that great. Seeing pics of it though I didnt think they looked that bad. Coming from a Palm Pre2 its surely leaps ahead with auto focus.

It appears the Sprint phone has the exact same 5.0 camera/lense as the verizon one from what I've read. From a general picture taking point of view, is it really that bad? The pics I see online seem to look pretty good to me. Sure its 5.0mp, but if the pics are crisp I dont care.

-Ryan

Last edited:

Bishounen

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Camera the same as verizon version?

Pretty much ANY modern phone camera is going to be better than the ones in the Pre line of phones. They were just so gawd awful. The GNex phone isn't the absolute greatest out there, but it's comparable to the iPhone camera from what I've been reading, and the iPhone camera is pretty darn nice as a general point and shoot camera goes. So i doubt any of us will really be complaining.

Oh, and Pre- user here (still on webOS 1.4.5!) I will be retiring my Pre- to desktop clock duty on wifi only today :'( as I receive and activate my GNex. :D

Now I just need to take that spare touchstone back I've got and mod the touchstone charging rings into the back of my GNex and I'm ready to rock-n-roll!

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I really hate to leave webOS...I think im actually more nervous I wont like the nexus, then would have to reverse frankenpre2 my device to reactive it and make it work again.

Could you both please give me your opinions on the device coming from webOS? Is it worth it to you? I think having the app Draw Something and the Camera etc will be great vs pre2, but as far as missing cards, synergy, etc, I am curious if you'd miss it once having a new device like this.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually think the camera is pretty good. you just have to know how to use it. always focus first then shoot. and it doesnt hurt to have a steady hand

stinkyfischer

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
i have been using android on my touchpad for a month now. at first i had cyanogenmod 7 and i never booted it. once i installed ics, i have not looked back i like this version of android much better and i hope the phone will make me happy, since i use so many google products, i went ahead and preordered the nexus

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
according to some of the post, it comes w/ 4.04 update, and that is supposed to give the camera some improvment. lens is still the same, but some software improvemnts.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Coming from someone who had a pre - and went to the Nexus S 4G it's a good jump. It's as close as you are going to get to webos. I was nervous jumping ship. Looking back it was the best thing. It will take some time to get use to the on screen keyboard. Download and use SwiftKey keyboard. If you have any questions let me know. Enjoy your new phone. You won't go back. Trust me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda on the same boat. I really want a good camera as my Evo 3d one isnt that great and so I'm kinda waiting for the Evo LTE but Nexus with removable battery is a plus. Here's some sample shots of the nexus camera on xda. For the most part they arent too bad but you can tell its still 5mp and they're not as sharp as the ones I've seen from the One X series. I also see on Nexus in panoramic you can see more picture breaks. More obvious when shooting outdoor you can see lines in clouds. Probably user error or Nexus is just more sensitive.

Nexus (maybe check out the last pages which I would assume some would've upgraded to 4.0.4 but I still dont think theyre as great as the One x).
Post pictures from your Galaxy Nexus! - xda-developers

One X
The best picture you've taken thread. - xda-developers

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Bad lit pics are are not the greatest. With good lighting pics on the GN look just as good as any other good camera phone.

Quikstep

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm here for the Pre- memorial. Launch day Sprint Pre-, launch day Touchpad :-\

I will now go to the UPS center on my street and ask why the F they failed to bring me my phone when it is in their possession and I am in walking distance.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm here for the Pre- memorial. Launch day Sprint Pre-, launch day Touchpad :-\

I will now go to the UPS center on my street and ask why the F they failed to bring me my phone when it is in their possession and I am in walking distance.

Cool, you definitely posted this in the right thread...I see the connection.