Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

I just got my galaxy nexus. I ran speed test and was able to get approx 1mbps down on 3g

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: data speeds on sprint galaxy nexus

Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    This is better than I've seen on a Verizon gnex in quite some time, btw.
    Probably because he's likely the only person in that area that's even on Sprint's lte right now. Question is what's it gonna look like in 2 months... that's pretty low for no one being on. VZW was posting 30-50 meg speeds early on. Not a great sign IMO.

Bedo, it would be awesome if you could make a youtube vid of your speed tests.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bedo View Post
    Well if Sprint hasn't activated LTE on other towers by then, the tower that I am using is in Heritage Park. This is the only spot that I have been able to use it as of yet. I will be around the Sprint campus today so I'll see if I can get it there.
    How fast is 3G? The towers with LTE running should have faster 3G according to their new vision update.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by tampaflusa View Post
    How fast is 3G? The towers with LTE running should have faster 3G according to their new vision update.
    I am able to get 1mbps on 3G. I am in the Tampa bay area.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by avidandroider View Post
    I am able to get 1mbps on 3G. I am in the Tampa bay area.
    Ok, when Tampa updates its towers later this year to new vision, it should increase.

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by waterbound View Post
    800k-1200k down / 600k-800k up on avg.. Maryland

11mb - 13mb down / 3-4 mb up on avg.
    I want to pick one of these bad boys up but was under the impression Lte towers were not active yet? Can anyone confirm or disspell?? Im in the DC area

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by whodatboy View Post
    I want to pick one of these bad boys up but was under the impression Lte towers were not active yet? Can anyone confirm or disspell?? Im in the DC area
    I know some are unofficially according to s4gru like parts of Atlanta, Dallas, Waco Tx, Kansas City and Boston.

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

I know some are unofficially according to s4gru like parts of Atlanta, Dallas, Waco Tx, Kansas City and Boston.
    Ahhhh, I see......Wonder if DC is active, probably not

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

What prl are you all using, the ones with lte enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by santacruz View Post
    What prl are you all using, the ones with lte enabled?

Global Posts
    9,143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Good to know LTE Networks are live. I'm sure there will be software enhancements to increase the speeds people are experiencing once more devices are rolled out and Sprint can start analyzing the real world data.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

Ok, when Tampa updates its towers later this year to new vision, it should increase.
    Well Sprint supposedly enhanced 3G in Atlanta, but I'm still getting sucky 3G speeds on my Evo 3D.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

wow im surprised lte is up and running, thats good for sprint!

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Only Jelly Bean or ICS!

Anyone who is saying that it's "not a great sign" at current speeds, you do realize that the lte network isn't "live" yet and still in testing right?

Save your criticism when it's actually live and what the speeds are then, I bet they blow your mind.

With verizon I can get 30mbs down with two bars of lte in my bedroom...

Now that's what I'd like for sprint.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    If you think i helped you, please click the Thanks button on the right
    delthor7 likes this.

Nice to see areas are lit up. Shows good on Sprint's part. I'm sure there are other areas that could be active too and just haven't been reported. I know I've read Indiana was supposed to be LTE ready and been powered up for some time. Currently they are working my area, Chicago and suburbs of Illinois which I know is a huge undertaking...

If Sprint can get some good coverage going on this LTE they should really start to make a run at Big Red & AT & T and might finally see some real return on their investments by drawing in more and more new customers as word gets out.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Quote Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
    Probably because he's likely the only person in that area that's even on Sprint's lte right now. Question is what's it gonna look like in 2 months... that's pretty low for no one being on. VZW was posting 30-50 meg speeds early on. Not a great sign IMO.
    Verizon LTE can still get that. Of course they're using more spectrum too.

data speeds on sprint galaxy nexus-screenshot_2012-04-23-02-04-05.jpg
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It doesn't mean anything at all. The network is not in its final state of tune and they probably have speeds capped just in case. When Verizon rolls out 4g to new cities and its still being tested their speeds are about the same as that.

This on verizon

I'm not sure if the verizon RSSI (in bars) maps directly to the sprint one, but here at home I generally get two "bars" (whatever that means in dbm and eo/en) and that was similar to the sprint score I was comparing to above. I do get 40+ mbps in airports late at night occasionally)

Verizon has max speeds of about 73 mbit or so. Sprint is deploying (to start) with half the spectrum (but more cells), so max sprint speed is about 35mbit. Both have future plans to add more spectrum to their LTE portfolio as time goes on.

I don't think you can:

A) Take one speedtest result and assume how the entire network will perform
    B) Take VZN who has just under 90 million postpaid subscribers and compare that to Sprint which has under 30 million.

Why don't you wait two more months and see how launched markets perform. Is it going to have max speeds like Verizon does? Not now... maybe in 2013 when Sprint adds additional spectrum.

Will average speeds be competitive with AT&T and Verizon? Yes, they will.

I'm skeptical because Sprint is known for cutting corners when it comes to things like this...basically. I'm not even hoping for their speeds to be faster than VZW, I already know that's not likely. I just hope they make em decent.

Verizon's Galaxy Nexus can max out 10Mhz channel on a good day:

Considering that Sprint is running 5x5Mhz, and their LTE network is virtually empty, you should be seeing speeds in the high 30's all day long.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    Verizon's Galaxy Nexus can max out 10Mhz channel on a good day:
    Wow! Did you climb the tower, disconnect all other users from it, tape your phone to an antennae and hit the "Begin Test" button?
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Wow! Did you climb the tower, disconnect all other users from it, tape your phone to an antennae and hit the "Begin Test" button?
    lol no it's the way Verizon blanketed NYC with DAS on almost every block, so your user experience doesn't change much if you're on the go. They have small cells in all kinds of businesses, hotel entrances, poles, and fiber is already there.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

Damn Verizon lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast