Anyone return the Galaxy Nexus and waiting on the EVO 4G LTE?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I'm waiting to upgrade my GNex to the Nexus 4 since SGS3 runs TW & One X runs Sense. For me it's as simple as that.
I had heard SGS3 might run stock but alas nope, so they made my decision for me. Oh well.

Dplymkr88#AC

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of breaking my contract and jumping ship to Sprint for the EVO LTE. My connection is just garbage. I love the phone but signal strength is crap. I am losing faith that it will be fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone return the nuxus and waiting on the evo lte

I am thinking of breaking my contract and jumping ship to Sprint for the EVO LTE. My connection is just garbage. I love the phone but signal strength is crap. I am losing faith that it will be fixed.

it will be fixed soon and you will be happier if you stay IMO. if you are on capped data, then maybe not.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

i'm tired of fighting skins, bloat, and slow updates. hence - it's G-Nex for me.

BTW - has anyone seen the new Facebook App update? the app can't be deleted and it installs a second "Camera" icon and a "Messenger" App icon in addition to the FB icon whether you like it or not. and it is HUGE.

Kevin_G_Sanchez

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
i'm tired of fighting skins, bloat, and slow updates. hence - it's G-Nex for me.

BTW - has anyone seen the new Facebook App update? the app can't be deleted and it installs a second "Camera" icon and a "Messenger" App icon in addition to the FB icon whether you like it or not. and it is HUGE.

I hate the addition of the two new icons!!!!!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Good thing I don't use Facebook then. Sounds like unnecessary bloat for using it...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

i don't use FB either but the problem is that the FB App is on the stock EVO ROM and can't be deleted. so you are constantly nagged to update the app and can't delete the app. add to that Blockbuster, NASCAR, Sprint Football, Nova, Qik, Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3, Sprint TV, Sprint Zone, and all of the other HTC and Sprint undeletable garbage bloatware. they are clutter resource memory hog nuisances that i don't want. i'm tired of it and i'm not going to take it anymore. i'm voting with my wallet.

AndroidCentralSean

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
i don't use FB either but the problem is that the FB App is on the stock EVO ROM and can't be deleted. so you are constantly nagged to update the app and can't delete the app. add to that Blockbuster, NASCAR, Sprint Football, Nova, Qik, Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3, Sprint TV, Sprint Zone, and all of the other HTC and Sprint undeletable garbage bloatware. they are clutter resource memory hog nuisances that i don't want. i'm tired of it and i'm not going to take it anymore. i'm voting with my wallet.

Hence, one of the top reasons I now have the Sprint Galaxy Nexus! :)

dschoenike

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

well said. :)

plprudh

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Thank I was thinking about return the nexus and waiting on the evo so far I like the phone and the feel just used to sense

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Thank I was thinking about return the nexus and waiting on the evo so far I like the phone and the feel just used to sense

I'm kind of feeling the same way. Also my unit has a touchy usb port. If you don't have it in just right it won't charge. Also the build quality of the Nexus just doesn't feel right. My Evo 4G feels more solid.

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm kind of feeling the same way. Also my unit has a touchy usb port. If you don't have it in just right it won't charge. Also the build quality of the Nexus just doesn't feel right. My Evo 4G feels more solid.

Returned...

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not me. Love ics and I tried out a one x on display at the at&t store. Didn't find it mind blowing enough. Also not having a user replaceable battery does suck.

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Negative. Love this phone and pure Ice Cream Sandwich is awesome. Tired of HTC Sense.

I am happy that most of you like it. I do like ICS in a pure form. For me it seems like the earphone speaker was very distorted and call quality is #1 for me. The only other thing that bothered me was how light it was. I'm not saying that it is a cheap phone, but it felt that way to me. I love my Evo 4G and I did hate all of the bloatware, but after a root and rom it has been amazing even with Sense.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Sprint allows you to uninstall bloatware, all but maybe 2 things can be deleated

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wife and in upgraded to Gnex's from original EVO 4G. Mine was dying and on its last leg. We liked some Sense features, but the Gnex and pure ICS is really nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae