Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    CM10 Nightly & Stock JB

<opinion>

In my experience with Sprint service, phones don't last long on battery due to their over subscribed data network. Since its so congested all the apps that rely upon data are constantly retransmitting and taking an unknown magnitude longer to close the session thus burning up the battery.

For those that are getting good battery life, you are serviced by an area that is not congested. When I'm near wifi, I'm connected that way instead.

Unfortunately LTE is not going to fix this since their underlying data network is hosed and losing over 800 million this past year and over 400 million the year before, its only going to get worse.

</opinion>

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    Go Android! likes this.

ROM
    CM10 Nightly & Stock JB

Quote Originally Posted by VMdoug View Post
    About 6 house on a brand new battery charged over night
    Attachment 24406

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah the phone won't last long on battery having the screen on for over 3 1/2 hours :-)

Thanked by:

Default Re: Battery life for sprint galaxy nexus

Quote Originally Posted by deathbysnoosnoo View Post
    <opinion>

In my experience with Sprint service, phones don't last long on battery due to their over subscribed data network. Since its so congested all the apps that rely upon data are constantly retransmitting and taking an unknown magnitude longer to close the session thus burning up the battery.

For those that are getting good battery life, you are serviced by an area that is not congested. When I'm near wifi, I'm connected that way instead.

Unfortunately LTE is not going to fix this since their underlying data network is hosed and losing over 800 million this past year and over 400 million the year before, its only going to get worse.

</opinion>

what is your opinion based on? what are your engineering credentials?

ROM
    Stock

I wanted to completely discharge the battery to try to condition it...didn't think it would take this long.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life for sprint galaxy nexus-uploadfromtaptalk1335721892273.jpg  

I am averaging 24 hrs with light - mod use here in Northern Va.

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbboykin View Post
    I'm averaging about 9-10 hours. To me that's great considering its hard for me to put the phone down

Current Device:
    16GB Moto G

It must be the 4.0.4 update or something cause the battery on this phone is awesome. I dont see what the verizon guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by R1der2002 View Post
    It must be the 4.0.4 update or something cause the battery on this phone is awesome. I dont see what the verizon guys are talking about.
    I haven't had mine enough to conclusively say how my battery life is but I'm already noticing the same and being pleasantly surprised.

I'm coming from a NS4G that I had rooted and used a custom kernel to get the best battery life I could. I was more than happy with that and my new galaxy nexus definitely seems to be holding it's own in comparison and I'm so far running it completely stock.

Global Posts
    496 Global Posts

so I was at the sprint store today for a different issue, my phone showed a voice mail notification even though I don't have any. they had to reset my phone to get rid of it. the rep and the tech noticed my phone was running unusually hot without doing anything unusual. I told them my battery runs out pretty quick and it gets hot a lot. They said to see if I still have the same problem after the reset and bring it back before my 14 days is up if it does so I can get a new replacement.
    Thanked by:
    Smuuv 

Quote Originally Posted by R1der2002 View Post
    probably bc LTE is still unavailable

ROM
    Black Ice/trinity kernel

Quote Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
    probably bc LTE is still unavailable
    I know people with VZW that leave LTE off and still get worse battery life than what we are reporting...

Quote Originally Posted by JStyles1 View Post
    I know people with VZW that leave LTE off and still get worse battery life than what we are reporting...
    Yep, this. I've directly compared with a friend who is on VZN and they have their LTE off. Doing a direct comparison today my gn was notably better with battery life. Don't think it's their phone either because they bought one near launch and then a couple months back had it swapped out because they wanted to see if it was just their phone.

Anyway, maybe the difference is between 4.0.2 and 4.0.4 and/or the radio drivers, who knows.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gpa18/Matrix8.0

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    You should expect the battery to be about the same with the EVO LTE, even with the addition 150 mAh, your LTE, screen and juiced processor will burn through it.

I think our best bets will come from undervolting in custom kernals.
    lte and screen yes, but dual core processors are more efficient and will workout better.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Battery life has exceeded my expectations.

I play some Scramble With Friends, read/reply to several emails a day, text a lot and minor web browsing. This has resulted in about 18 hours of battery life.

Make sure you turn NFC off if you are not using it. I have not used Google Wallet yet, so there's no point in me having that turned on.

P.S. I also keep my brightness to the max.

Anybody having trouble with google music draining the battery excessively? Most of my songs are local on the device so I don't think it's an issue of it moving a lot of data. But I went from 99% charged walking in to work this morning listening to maybe 5 songs and sending a few texts and it's at 82% right now. The screen has been on for 15 minutes so to me it seems like it's running down really quickly. But then again this is only my third day using it...

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Hmmm. Seems like there are two categories of people:

1. The people that get 18-24 hours of battery life
    2. The people that get 8-9 hours of battery life

Unfortunately, I'm in the latter group. I've had one full recharge cycle, but I find it hard to believe that my battery will improve by over 10 hours by settling in.

Hmmmm......

This is average... much better battery life than previous phones!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life for sprint galaxy nexus-uploadfromtaptalk1335968030102.jpg  

not bad at all

ROM
    Black Ice/trinity kernel

I win.

This is on max brightness too! I love this phone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life for sprint galaxy nexus-screenshot_2012-05-02-20-07-21.jpg   Battery life for sprint galaxy nexus-screenshot_2012-05-02-20-08-12.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by kbboykin View Post
    Same in Atlanta. I get bw 11 & 12 hours. I run my battery down COMPLETELY EACH NIGHT since I got it and get that with moderate daily use.

Battery Tips

1. WIFI, GPS, BT, Hotspot, (LTE) all set at OFF (mostly toggled using Android Power Widget). turn ON only as needed. use Wifi@Home App to automatically turn on and connect with Wifi when at home.
    2. Brightness set to very low (slider set to extreme left under check box). this is plenty bright for me.
    4. No Live Wallpaper. not sure of this makes a difference but i have my own graphic anyway.
    5. No Data intensive constant data hungry widgets/apps constantly running. i wiped News and Weather App. uncheck them for Prefetch auto sync and set to 0 stories. i will get my data from the browser fresh as needed. i have no updating widgets other than 1 home weather city with the nice big beautiful Fancy Widgets HTC-Style Clock/Weather default widget i keep with auto refresh at 1 hour and Refresh on Unlock with 15 minute min interval. i have 1 GMail PUSH account that i set up and is always on.
    6. Stay signed out of everything - G+, Latitude, Messenger, GTalk, FB, Twitter. Everything! i don't use this stuff anyway. as noted before - let GTalk run in the background for PUSH Gmail but always sign out and uncheck auto sign you in.
    7. Vibrate is ON for Calls and Texts. Vibrate is OFF for emails. all Haptic Feedback and Touch sounds - Keyboard, Screen, etc. is OFF.
    8. i DO NOT use a task killer or kill tasks with the Manage Applications Panel. nor do i use "Juice Defender" type apps.
    9. realize that streaming any audio and/or video will kill your battery very very fast.
    10. per XDA thread NFC appears negligible on battery life since it is only capable when display is on - so i just leave it on.
    11. put phone on charger every night before going to bed. you need to recharge and so does the phone.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Battery Tips

1. WIFI, GPS, BT, Hotspot, (LTE) all set at OFF (mostly toggled using Android Power Widget). turn ON only as needed. use Wifi@Home App to automatically turn on and connect with Wifi when at home.
    2. Brightness set to very low (slider set to extreme left under check box). this is plenty bright for me.
    4. No Live Wallpaper. not sure of this makes a difference but i have my own graphic anyway.
    5. No Data intensive constant data hungry widgets/apps constantly running. i wiped News and Weather App. uncheck them for Prefetch auto sync and set to 0 stories. i will get my data from the browser fresh as needed. i have no updating widgets other than 1 home weather city with the nice big beautiful Fancy Widgets HTC-Style Clock/Weather default widget i keep with auto refresh at 1 hour and Refresh on Unlock with 15 minute min interval. i have 1 GMail PUSH account that i set up and is always on.
    6. Stay signed out of everything - G+, Latitude, Messenger, GTalk, FB, Twitter. Everything! i don't use this stuff anyway. as noted before - let GTalk run in the background for PUSH Gmail but always sign out and uncheck auto sign you in.
    7. Vibrate is ON for Calls and Texts. Vibrate is OFF for emails. all Haptic Feedback and Touch sounds - Keyboard, Screen, etc. is OFF.
    8. i DO NOT use a task killer or kill tasks with the Manage Applications Panel. nor do i use "Juice Defender" type apps.
    9. realize that streaming any audio and/or video will kill your battery very very fast.
    10. per XDA thread NFC appears negligible on battery life since it is only capable when display is on - so i just leave it on.
    11. put phone on charger every night before going to bed. you need to recharge and so does the phone.

Basically, return your smartphone since using any of the designed smartphone features will result in poor battery performance..
    To Each His Own

LG G2 D800 Unlocked (AT&T)
    Rooted Android 4.2.2

HTC One 32GB Black (AT&T)
    - Full RUU Converted to Google Edition - [OTA's Work]
    - Android 4.3 Rooted - Unlocked -

Thanks smart ***.

I sacrifice nothing with these settings and do everything I want to do. This is no compromise or hardship for me.

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Haha....tis true though. Best battery saving tip is just not to use the device. Anyway...my best so far with decent use has been 16 & 1/4 hours. Though this phone will last muuuuuch longer then that.

If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

I love the battery life I'm getting. I use auto brightness, leave Gtalk signed in and use the g+ app. The only times it's been on charge for this period is briefly when I plugged it into my PC to transfer some files a few times. Actual screen time for this period is 1h 57m. Streamed google music for about an hour in this time period as well. This isn't with extremely heavy use but I find impressive nonetheless.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast