Battery life for sprint galaxy nexus

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
@klau25
Yes my phone does get warm. Warmer than my EVO 4g used to. I have adjusted some things and its a little better now. Still not as good as my EVO, but this phone does a lot more so I expected this.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
@klau25
Yes my phone does get warm. Warmer than my EVO 4g used to. I have adjusted some things and its a little better now. Still not as good as my EVO, but this phone does a lot more so I expected this.

yes, I understand that with the 720p screen. It will take a toll on battery life, but I noticed it gets hotter than my ns4g just by doing normal stuff. things like bluetooth connect to my speakers to play podcast. this is with the screen off. just hope I don't have a defective unit.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
@klau25

I have noticed that as well. When I'm emailing and have a bunch of tabs open in chrome the back gets a little warm. I am hoping my GNEX isn't defective as well , my evo never used to get warm like that just doing the same things. Only time will tell I suppose.

R1der2002

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I get awesome Battery life I get about 16-18hrs on my 2100 mah battery this is how

1. Get Juice defender
2. I turn gps off unless I'm using it
3. I set the sync schedule to every hour
4. I use auto brightness unless I'm on netflix or games.

deathbysnoosnoo

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
<opinion>

In my experience with Sprint service, phones don't last long on battery due to their over subscribed data network. Since its so congested all the apps that rely upon data are constantly retransmitting and taking an unknown magnitude longer to close the session thus burning up the battery.

For those that are getting good battery life, you are serviced by an area that is not congested. When I'm near wifi, I'm connected that way instead.

Unfortunately LTE is not going to fix this since their underlying data network is hosed and losing over 800 million this past year and over 400 million the year before, its only going to get worse.

</opinion>

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
<opinion>

In my experience with Sprint service, phones don't last long on battery due to their over subscribed data network. Since its so congested all the apps that rely upon data are constantly retransmitting and taking an unknown magnitude longer to close the session thus burning up the battery.

For those that are getting good battery life, you are serviced by an area that is not congested. When I'm near wifi, I'm connected that way instead.

Unfortunately LTE is not going to fix this since their underlying data network is hosed and losing over 800 million this past year and over 400 million the year before, its only going to get worse.

</opinion>

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

what is your opinion based on? what are your engineering credentials?

R1der2002

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
It must be the 4.0.4 update or something cause the battery on this phone is awesome. I dont see what the verizon guys are talking about.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It must be the 4.0.4 update or something cause the battery on this phone is awesome. I dont see what the verizon guys are talking about.

I haven't had mine enough to conclusively say how my battery life is but I'm already noticing the same and being pleasantly surprised.

I'm coming from a NS4G that I had rooted and used a custom kernel to get the best battery life I could. I was more than happy with that and my new galaxy nexus definitely seems to be holding it's own in comparison and I'm so far running it completely stock.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
so I was at the sprint store today for a different issue, my phone showed a voice mail notification even though I don't have any. they had to reset my phone to get rid of it. the rep and the tech noticed my phone was running unusually hot without doing anything unusual. I told them my battery runs out pretty quick and it gets hot a lot. They said to see if I still have the same problem after the reset and bring it back before my 14 days is up if it does so I can get a new replacement.

Reactions: Smuuv

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I know people with VZW that leave LTE off and still get worse battery life than what we are reporting...

Yep, this. I've directly compared with a friend who is on VZN and they have their LTE off. Doing a direct comparison today my gn was notably better with battery life. Don't think it's their phone either because they bought one near launch and then a couple months back had it swapped out because they wanted to see if it was just their phone.

Anyway, maybe the difference is between 4.0.2 and 4.0.4 and/or the radio drivers, who knows.

actionjackson22

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
You should expect the battery to be about the same with the EVO LTE, even with the addition 150 mAh, your LTE, screen and juiced processor will burn through it.

I think our best bets will come from undervolting in custom kernals.

lte and screen yes, but dual core processors are more efficient and will workout better.

JGuez

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Battery life has exceeded my expectations.

I play some Scramble With Friends, read/reply to several emails a day, text a lot and minor web browsing. This has resulted in about 18 hours of battery life.

Make sure you turn NFC off if you are not using it. I have not used Google Wallet yet, so there's no point in me having that turned on.

P.S. I also keep my brightness to the max.

hockeyrules192003

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Anybody having trouble with google music draining the battery excessively? Most of my songs are local on the device so I don't think it's an issue of it moving a lot of data. But I went from 99% charged walking in to work this morning listening to maybe 5 songs and sending a few texts and it's at 82% right now. The screen has been on for 15 minutes so to me it seems like it's running down really quickly. But then again this is only my third day using it...